New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by metatron View Post
    if it weren't for the limitations (price, capacity, overall value) of the memorystick, i'd recommend a psp for your needs.
    Actually, I plan to buy a PSP as well. But it's mainly because of the built-in WiFi/internet and games. Movies are mainly for the iPod/battery add-on. I think I'll join the "sosy" crowd.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Actually, I plan to buy a PSP as well. But it's mainly because of the built-in WiFi/internet and games. Movies are mainly for the iPod/battery add-on. I think I'll join the "sosy" crowd.
    OT:
    your electric utility company must love you so much.

shouldn't you consider getting a psp first then wait a few months and see if apple pushes through with its plans for a widescreen video ipod?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ipod parin hands down kasi un ang meron ako eh!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by metatron View Post
    OT:
    your electric utility company must love you so much.

shouldn't you consider getting a psp first then wait a few months and see if apple pushes through with its plans for a widescreen video ipod?
    The current Apple video iPod is more than sufficient. The majority of my converted files are 4:3 anyway. I plan to buy a battery add-on which extends video playback to 10 hours. That's more than enough time while I'm cooped up inside an airplane. Once I'm done using the iPod, I can always hand it to my daughter and let her use it.

BTI battery: 40 hrs audio/12 hours video for video iPod:
    http://www.batterytech.com/productvi...rk=&pid=IP-V01

The PSP is mainly for internet and games while waiting in an airport. Just about every airport I've been to have wireless. I also tend to show up for my flights early so I can seek out seats near a power outlet at the departure gates/terminals. An alternative to a PSP is a Nintendo DS/DS Lite. My daughter wants a DS Lite (spoiled brat ). If her Mom does buy her one, I'll just buy the Opera cartridge and use my daughter's (old, fullsize) DS. In fact, I'm drawn more to the DS as I type this:

There are times when I don't feel like lugging a laptop around especially with all the security checks.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 3rd, 2007 at 10:44 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I decided to buy a video iPod and either a PSP or DS because I'm tired of carrying laptops while traveling. I might end up taking my daughter's DS in the end. That'll save me money compared to buying a new laptop or PSP+accessories. Both are mainly timewasters while I'm traveling. Once I'm where I need to be or back home, I won't be using them that often and they'll just get pushed to the side.

If I need a pc, I'll just head out to an internet cafe.

Cellphones? None. I'm not the kind to spend much time yakking on the phone. If I need to call someone, a pay phone and phone card will suffice.

I thought of buying a Zune. But, I don't see much advantage with it over an iPod.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    iPods are nice. I haven't seen a Zune yet. So no comment on that one. I much prefer a portable player with native Divx/mpeg plus drag and drop capability.
    sir you might want to try Archos. it has a softwareless drag and drop capability. it also serves as a portable hard drive.

btw, i will never buy an Ipod video. the screen is so small. i had a PSP and had to return it, because it was giving me eye strain. ang liit kasi ng screen din nya.
    Last edited by n2knee; March 4th, 2007 at 01:49 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    sir you might want to try Archos. it has a softwareless drag and drop capability. it also serves as a portable hard drive.

btw, i will never buy an Ipod video. the screen is so small. i had a PSP and had to return it, because it was giving me eye strain. ang liit kasi ng screen din nya.
    I have considered Archos' line of players. But, they do cost much more than a video iPod. The iPod has a 2.5" screen which is the same size as the handheld Casio tv's I used to have in the mid 90's. The video clips I'll watch are mainly cartoons/anime like Voltes V, Starblazers/Space Cruiser Yamato, The Simpsons, Beavis & Butthead, plus a few Married With Children, Mr. Bean, and Star Trek DS9 episodes. I've already tried watching them on a friend's iPod and they look great.

My main concern is battery life. An external battery for a video iPod will extend video playtime to 12 hours plus the 5 hours of the internal battery.

If I can get my hands on an Archos player and do an evaluation, so much the better. For now though, it's the iPod.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The comparison should be made with ipod video, creative vision:M, and toshiba gigabeat... sobrang crappy ng zune it is a microsoft "experiment" for suckers aka pa-sosi types

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I am severely contrained with our Ipod, for reasons I understand. I like our Creative better,- much more flexible and easy to use/download songs...

Haven't heard of Zune making waves here.....

2001:weathermanf2:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    The comparison should be made with ipod video, creative vision:M, and toshiba gigabeat... sobrang crappy ng zune it is a microsoft "experiment" for suckers aka pa-sosi types
    Actually, I do have Mobile Entertainment magazine here which is a special issue from LAPTOP magazine. The Creative Zen Vision:M is the closest rival to an iPod. But, its listed price is still more. $249 for a 30gb video iPod versus $280 for the Vision:M. The Vision:W is an additional $20 extra at $300.

The video iPod plus BTI external battery for at least 12 hours of video playback time is the most attractive argument for the iPod.

Add: The Toshiba Gigabeat MEV30K is also $299 with 3.5" screen. Up to 8 hours of video playback. Sounds decent. Again, if I can get my hands on one to test thoroughly, I might consider it.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 4th, 2007 at 03:26 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Apple Ipod vs Microsoft Zune