New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    1. Definitely not necessary. Besides, there's still no jailbreak for the iPad2 as of this writing
    2. Just browse the iTunes AppStore. Download the free stuff that gets your attention so you can get started. You'll know what you'll need when you see it.
    3. To some extent, yes. But you'll need a 3rd party app. I use Docs-to-Go. But it's very limited compared to its respective counterpart apps native in Windows. Good for editing and proof-reading docs on-the-go. But to write a 50-page doc on the iPad? Maybe not too enticing, still, it is possible if you're on a bind
    4. Yes, but if used as a car nav, it'll be cumbersome as the iPad1/2 is relatively too big for the dashboard. It's ok if you use it occasionally. But for daily use, get a dedicated GPS. As mentioned above, use it as reference only, as it may not provide turn-by-turn directions.
    Last edited by oj88; May 10th, 2011 at 12:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Got my shiny new iPad 2 the other day and the 512MB memory was a breath of fresh air for my apps. I also bought a Targus leather book-type case and matte-finish screen protectors.

Anyway, with regards to the book-type case, I wonder why third-party cover/case makers didn't took advantage of an inherent feature of the iPad 2? Namely, the use of a magnet to turn the iPad 2 on and off.

Here's how it works.

Holding the iPad 2 in portrait mode (with the home button at the bottom), if you move a magnet near a certain spot on the right frame, about 1/3 from the top, it can control the iPad 2's power, akin to how the Smart Cover does it. If that particular spot senses a magnet, the iPad 2 goes to sleep. Remove the magnet, and it powers up. So why haven't I seen any product aside from the Smart Cover that takes advantage of this feature? It's easy enough to embed a small magnet inside a leather case, turning on the iPad 2 as you flip the cover open, and turning it off when the cover is closed.
    Last edited by oj88; May 18th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ano pa ba ang use ng 3G sa iPad 2 aside from makakapagconnect sya sa net kahit walang wifi hotspot?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Ano pa ba ang use ng 3G sa iPad 2 aside from makakapagconnect sya sa net kahit walang wifi hotspot?

Wala na. .

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ahh okay. Been reading a lot about it kasi. Just want to confirm lang. Planning to buy one soon.

Baka naman iPad 3 meron nang rumors? Hahaha. Sayang naman kasi kung bibili ng 2 tapos meron na palang 3 soon.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Don't worry.. may rumors na talaga after lumabas yung ipad 2.. hahaha

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I read on AppAdvice that Apple is already certifying display manufacturers for the iPad 3, namely, Samsung and LG. No word yet how much increase in display resolution will be on the iPad 3. It could be Retina or something slightly lower.
    Last edited by oj88; June 2nd, 2011 at 08:29 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ^I've read that din. September na nga raw ang next-gen iPad. But then again, rumors pa lang naman to.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    The iPad 3G has a GPS, while the wifi only version does not. The GPS resides on the same chip as the 3G receiver.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Noob question , pwede gamitin yung GPS while on the road? Kahit walang net connection? Parang naka-program na yung GPS, ganun ba yun?

Apple IPAD thread