New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    buti na lang yung ginagamit ng IBM sa T series nila ay gawa ng Sanyo.

grabeng mga battery yan parang time bomb

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hmm.. just wondering, sony has not recalled any batteries for their portables (vaio) yet? siguro di nila ginagamit yung same batteries on their products.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    looking at the picture, if the battery is indeed the culprit, and if it does explode, is that really where the damage would be? i dont know about macs, but for most laptops, batteries are located along the rear edge of the unit.

coincidentally, on my hp dv1000 laptop, that exact same spot (left of mousepad) heats up pretty bad. but i think that's due to the HD.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post

As we know, Dell isn’t the only one using Sony laptop batteries that have potential of exploding in your face. Our favorite Apple iBooks and PowerBooks are just as “hot”.

Apple announced today that it’ll be recalling 1.8 million batteries that are identified as potentially hazardous - less than half of Dell’s 4.1 million. 1.1 million of them in US, and the rest around the world.

The affected models are the 12-inch iBook G4, 12-inch PowerBook G4 and the 15-inch PowerBook G4, which were sold between October 2003 and August 2006.

https://support.apple.com/ibook_powe...nge/index.html

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it might not be the battery itself but it could have been over supplying the whole laptop. the voltage regulators of the motherboard might not be able to cope with this and thus causing the explosions.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    other than the chemicals inside the battery, i can't think of any parts inside the laptop, especially at that location that would explode. for the most part, elctronic parts just burn up, but not explode with that much intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r View Post
    it might not be the battery itself but it could have been over supplying the whole laptop. the voltage regulators of the motherboard might not be able to cope with this and thus causing the explosions.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oh well. Our G3 iBook 800 isn't affected. It did go through 2 dead batteries (within 2 months) before a 3rd one worked fine.

Incidentally, the battery of my HP Pavilion ze5270 is on the (my) right front side. The hard drive is directly underneath the trackpad.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 28th, 2006 at 02:32 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    that sucks! mine's included in the recall list. no more 5-hour surfing outside for 6 weeks.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Good job Sony.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Apple ibooks/powerbooks just as 'Hot' as Dell's