New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A Mac mini is a good buy. I have one and it is very capable for amature video editing with the bundled iMovie.... I suggest getting it in HK. But once thing you have to consider when buying abroad is warranty. Only Apple laptops have international warranty. The rest only have local. So if you buy it in the US or here in HK (comes out cheaper no tax unlike the US), the warranty is local to where you bought the product.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    can Ibook 1.2G with 512Mb memory do video editing and capture nicely na??

WBR,

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. wifey said gusto niyo wireless .. so i'd have to buy pa an airport kung mag mini mac ako .. baka mas ok na mag laptop nalang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Apple just update its Mac Mini today.

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

The $499 model should cost P31T, $599 model should cost P37T & the $699 model should cost P42T. I've been canvassing around and the cheapest price I've found is from Accent Micro. But I canvassed this last month so give Accent Micro's Apple manager (Harry de Leon) a ring at 687.2395. I dont get a commission or anything but thought I'd share the info just the same.

You could also use this directory of all local resellers to call/email/visit them and ask for prices. Just select the Philippines & proceed.

http://www.asia.apple.com/buy/reseller/

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    .. my wife wants one for home usage .. we both have HP laptops provided by our offices but we don't really use them for personal stuff .. maliit lang unit namin so ayaw namin ng bulky pcs .. was thinking of laptops, pwede rin yung mga Apple desktops na integrated yung lahat sa monitor like yung eMac .. cost is also concern since i don't want to spend more than i have to since it's home usage for most part .. was thinking of buying in the US then have someone bring it over kasi feeling ko mas mura yung Apple sa states .. unless you guys know where to buy here in the phil na hindi taga .. hoping to get something less than $1000 max .. laki na ng exchange rate eh ... kamusta yung mga internet connection ng mga may Apple dito sa pinas, this would be a big factor, ok ba ? ..
    Problem is it is still runs Windows. You still have the same problem as before. I also own a Shuttle XPC and it is solid hardware but too bad it uses Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by chieffy
    imho mag clone ka na lang...get an lcd at Shuttle XPC para di bulky ang set up...

It fits inside a BMW Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    .. yeah .. thought about the mac mini as well ...

chieffy .. it's my wife who wants an apple .. alam mo naman kung sino boss diba ..

.. ang concerns actually namin .. internet connection, size and cost .. kung di kami makakakuha ng internet connection sa place namin ngayon .. no buy .. kung masyadong malaki yung size nung bibilhin namin ... no buy ... kung masyado mahal .. no money to buy ..
    You should go for a Apple keyboard (cause it has the Apple-specific keys) and avoid the Apple Mouse (single botton po siya). The peripherals shouldnt have added that much cost to it. iLife 05 is provided for free on all Apple computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Sa nakaraang BPI installment madness sa Glorietta, we saw a Mac Mini being offered with a keyboard, mouse and iLife 05 software bundle for PhP54,000. Kakagat na sana kami, kaya lang medyo hindi pala niya kakayanin ang video editing.

Pero for average use, such as Word files, spreadsheets and presentations, pwedeng-pwede na siya.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Apple computers, what's a good buy ?