New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bought a VOIP/landline cordless phone combo in HK last June. Haven't used the VOIP function yet. Skype ang kasamang software.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I am hell bent on getting a VOIP service since I spend a whole lot of dough calling our motherland (I am based in the SoCal). My choices are: Vonage, Packet8, Vontastic, and Voip Your Life. I plan on sending the adapter cum router to RP. Any good suggestions especially from those who have the same predicament as mine? TIV

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    If you guys are looking for VOIP cellphones I suggest you use Seiche VOIP Phone. Its a Dual Mode phone where you can use both Voip and GSM at the same time. Ang kelangan na lang is a Wifi Hotspot.

Just txt me wer u can get 1.
    0917-8274275

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    how about setting up a VOIP business... ano po kya mga requirements? saka may nagreregulate po ba na government agency like NTC?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Considering our cable company provides: cable broadband internet, digital cable tv, and our telephone service..... I'd say it works with the same principle as VOIP or is in fact VOIP.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    db ung YM eh may voip? ano difference ng voip sa YM at pag may gadget ka?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bondying001 View Post
    db ung YM eh may voip? ano difference ng voip sa YM at pag may gadget ka?
    Yung sa YM (Yahoo Voice) ay technically VoIP din but afaik you can only use it for pc to pc calls (not sure kung pede na sa landline) Yung sinasabi mong gadget ay yung mga providers ng VoIP na pwedepang PC to PC calls at pwede din pang may "gadget" like USB phone, standalone VoIP phone or ATA device which you attach to your regular phone and to your internet connection.

I am using Onesuite.com SuiteAdvantage and I am pretty happy with it. I can use it on my PC using SJphone (softphone) or thru my regular landline with ATA device. Because VoIP runs over the internet, 99 percent of the time you can use it anywhere. I got a US number from Onesuite so friends and relatives fron the U.S. can call me free (if within local area) or minimal long distance fee (if from another state or maybe different city). The good thing I like with Onesuite is their VoIP is pay as you go, meaning you pay for the actual minutes you use only and there is no "plan" plus all incoming calls are free.

BTW, I've use Skype before and just like what previous posters have experience, I got to many drop calls and not so good call quality. They are also right about the Skype phone, its expensive and pretty much useless except for Skype use unlike other VoIP phone where you can use pretty much any provider you choose. Skype phone is only for Skype and Skype only compatible with Skype phone

What I want to do next is to get myself a good Smartphone preferably an XDA Flame and use it for VoIP calls too. So whenever I pass by an area with free wifi like Robinsons I don't need to bring my notebook to make a VoIP call...that would be pretty cool huh?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    we've been using SKYPE for years now here sa office.. so far ok naman sya.. best part is it's free! kahit ilang hours bihira naman mag drop.. my boss calls me from Australia ok naman.. i have a SKYPE phone too that can call a pc with SKYPE or another skype phone.. so basta may wi-fi online din ako sa SKYPE, hindi na kailangan magdala nang laptop.. kaya lang medyo corny yung itsura nung skype phone hehee

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try nyo magicjack.....

dsl / cable internet -> computer with USB port -> magicjack connected to USB port -> regular phone connected to magicjack....

$20 / year

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those interested for VOIP-cellphone, visit http://www.telepinas.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Anyone tried VOIP?