New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Just discovered na meron Echo Dot embedded sa polk audio soundbar. Very interested especially $299 lang kaso mukhang wala pa sa Philippines. Any tips how can I purchase online with minimal delivery fee?

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&r...dxUF3WGcmUQCZa

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by *alon View Post
    Just discovered na meron Echo Dot embedded sa polk audio soundbar. Very interested especially $299 lang kaso mukhang wala pa sa Philippines. Any tips how can I purchase online with minimal delivery fee?

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&r...dxUF3WGcmUQCZa
    There are equivalent JBL speakers with built in Google Home if you want something available locally. I had both (Alexa and Google Home) and I prefer Google Home so I gave away my Echo Dot.

But if you really want to purchase that, easiest way is to have it hand carried by a friend coming home from overseas.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    There are equivalent JBL speakers with built in Google Home if you want something available locally. I had both (Alexa and Google Home) and I prefer Google Home so I gave away my Echo Dot.

But if you really want to purchase that, easiest way is to have it hand carried by a friend coming home from overseas.

Thanks, iniisip ko nga to try Goggle home since yung Amazon Alexa app is not really available sa PH.
    Guess more reading at viewing muna ng reviews.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ganto magiging setup ko....

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You'd be forgiven to assume that the smart home craze only started recently. In fact, it began way back over 40 years ago in the mid-70’s. Granted, they weren’t what they are today and were generally crude compared to the the modern concept of the smart home.

Back in the day, I can only read about smart home from electronics magazines and library literature. They prominently feature various devices that uses the X10 protocol for control using your home’s electrical power lines. But as it was developed in the US, it will only work on 120V AC systems.

The earliest I ever got to starting my smart home "dream" was in 1996. While in HK, I bought an 8-channel “dry-contact” relay board that can be controlled via a PC’s Centronics (aka parallel or printer) port. It came with a floppy disk with the API, drivers, and applications that runs on both DOS and Windows 3.x/95. However, this never left the prototype stage as wiring it to my home was just too much work and very expensive. But even if I can afford it, there’s nothing available in the market that I can use for my specific application (ie. Actuators, solenoids, etc.). The most I can do is use the Windows app to automate (via scheduling) lights and certain appliances. But no. All I was able to do was blink lights and click relays.

Anyway, in one of LGR's episodes, he briefly discussed the history of X10, integration with the PC, along with an early implementation of voice control that pre-dates Alexa and Google Assistant by 20 years. It’s really a good watch. It puts into perspective how much smart home and AI digital assistants in general have progressed.

As it is plainly apparent, smart home devices were no more than a glorified remote control that allowed for centralized control and basic scheduling. It was only when the Amazon Echo got released some 5-6 years ago that it became THE de facto unifying device for smart homes. When I got my first Echo Dot, everything just fell into place.
    Last edited by oj88; February 7th, 2020 at 06:32 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    First crack at installing a Smart Switch is successful! Voice activated bedroom light when you're too lazy to get up.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Completed my smart home project. My lights, TVs, and aircons are now connected to Google Home.

Setup is pretty straightforward (and not as expensive as I thought):
    - Google Home Mini (1.5k)
    - 2 x Smart IR remote for aircons (600 each)
    - 3 x Smart light switch (1.2k each)
    - Chromecast for non-smart TV (2k)
    - Electrician labor to install neutral wire for lights (1.5k)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Completed my smart home project. My lights, TVs, and aircons are now connected to Google Home.

Setup is pretty straightforward (and not as expensive as I thought):
    - Google Home Mini (1.5k)
    - 2 x Smart IR remote for aircons (600 each)
    - 3 x Smart light switch (1.2k each)
    - Chromecast for non-smart TV (2k)
    - Electrician labor to install neutral wire for lights (1.5k)

Gratz bruh!!!

Plan to have the same set-up sana... esp pag tinamad ka na lumabas sa kwarto just to turn off your sala appliances...

kasi minsan pag antok na antok na ako, nawawala antok ko pag gumalaw like maglakad at makakita ng liwanag hehhe..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Gratz bruh!!!

Plan to have the same set-up sana... esp pag tinamad ka na lumabas sa kwarto just to turn off your sala appliances...

kasi minsan pag antok na antok na ako, nawawala antok ko pag gumalaw like maglakad at makakita ng liwanag hehhe..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah that's what started this - para I can turn off everything with just one command, pag tamad na bumabgon. Anyone into home automation/smart homes with integration to Alexa, Google Home, Siri, etc.?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Anyone into home automation/smart homes with integration to Alexa, Google Home, Siri, etc.?