New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I just started to build one myself to get my feet wet. I currently have two WiFi power plugs, an Amazon Echo Dot, and a Broadlink RM Mini 3 (IR blaster).

Got most of it working, including remotely controlling the TV, A/C, two bedside lamps (using the powerplugs) from my mobile phone. All but the A/C works with Alexa and I'm still figuring it out with the developer.

In the future, I might get either a Broadlink RM Pro (supports both IR and RF control) or a Logitech Harmony Hub, more WiFi powerplugs, and WiFi smart light switches to replace the current mechanical ones.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    how is amazons alexa voice recognition? google has perfect recognition. its just weird google maps doesnt have the same voice recognition.

ok google: set alarm to 6pm. 🤓

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    how is amazons alexa voice recognition? google has perfect recognition. its just weird google maps doesnt have the same voice recognition.

ok google: set alarm to 6pm. ��
    Voice recognition through the Echo Dot is virtually flawless. It has multiple microphones that works together to pinpoint where you are in the room... called far-field voice recognition. End result is that even while standing across the room, with ambient noise like TV and other people talking, it can still recognize and understand what you're saying.

I chose Amazon Alexa because right now, they're more mature than Google Home. They have better integration with home automation solutions.... even with the cheaper Chinese stuff.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    So my unconscious observation is true, Alexa is growing faster than google home.

I was looking at denon heos and they do support Alexa. I need to check more brands.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    So my unconscious observation is true, Alexa is growing faster than google home.

looking at Google's strategy for CES 2018... It will be (Google) Assistant vs Alexa this year...

In no way do I see Siri catching up

Visited a hotel last year which had an Echo installed in their rooms...

Alexa can turn-on/off the lights and tell you about the weather... But that's basically it.

Would prefer Assistant since you can set reminders when you arrive a specific place, make lists (our phone have our Google accounts) and reply to messages.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    nice blog

alexa has similar google assistant features..

Amazon Echo & Alexa 10 Everyday Uses - YouTube

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    nice blog

alexa has similar google assistant features..

Amazon Echo & Alexa 10 Everyday Uses - YouTube
    I literally just setup mine last night but me and my wife have become fond of using the list-taking ability and some "assistant" type tasks. Just say, "Alexa, add soap and toothbrush to the groceries list" as well as, "Alexa, wake me up at 5am" .... all that while snuggled up in bed in total darkness.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Alexa can play spotify - its rival in audio streaming 🤓

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Alexa can play spotify - its rival in audio streaming 🤓
    Yup. Way ahead of ya.

I have so many ideas in my mind on what to do with it. But then, toys can wait. Daddy's gotta work. :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yup. Way ahead of ya.

I have so many ideas in my mind on what to do with it. But then, toys can wait. Daddy's gotta work. :D
    i cant catch up😅

alexa: show me ip6 security camera feed in the garage.

hmm is this possible now? in the future it will be. for the time being camera feed has to be manually accessed 😶

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Anyone into home automation/smart homes with integration to Alexa, Google Home, Siri, etc.?