New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I was planning to get a Samsung S4 using SMART's unlimited data plan as a gift for wifey.
    Wifey is a Globe subcriber so the plan is just to give her the phone and I will use the SMART sim since I am a heavy user of SMART 3g.

But SMART says the phone is locked to them? First time to hear an android phone locked to a carrier.

Is it easy to unlock android phones? I've search the internet but I want to hear some personal experiences.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I used an app called GalaxSim Unlock to unlock my wife's Smart-locked Note 1. Installation is free (requires root) and the app checks if your phone is unlockable. If you want to proceed you make an in-app purchase (175 petot ata) and the phone will be unlocked as soon as the purchase completes (less than a minute). Been using the Note on Globe for a few months and so far no issues even when I switched kernels. I haven't tried flashing another ROM yet though.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    yung alcatel one touch ng anak ko sim locked sa sun pina unlock ko na lang para magamit yung dati niyang globe number.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Why not just purchase the phone sa sm/ansons/etc using your credit card ipasok mo sa 6-12 month zero interest, openline na buo pa din ang warranty ng cp.

tapos ung existing smart sim mo ipa up-grade mo na lang sa data plan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    I was planning to get a Samsung S4 using SMART's unlimited data plan as a gift for wifey.
    Wifey is a Globe subcriber so the plan is just to give her the phone and I will use the SMART sim since I am a heavy user of SMART 3g.

But SMART says the phone is locked to them? First time to hear an android phone locked to a carrier.

Is it easy to unlock android phones? I've search the internet but I want to hear some personal experiences.

Thanks!
    Dalhin mo na lang sa greenhills sir. Alam na nila gagawin dyan.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums