New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Madugo pala ito.
    Mejo nalilito ako. Kailangan ko magbackup before mag root? Anung suggested app/method ng pag backup ng apps at app data?
    At working pa ba yung cf-auto-root?
    I've never owned a Samsung, so I don't know what will happen during the rooting process.

My current phone is a Nexus4. The SOP for rooting a Nexus phone requires a bootloader unlock. The unlock operation will result in the phone doing a factory reset + reformat. Hence the need for a backup. Once unlocked, the phone can be rooted. Also, this unlocking is only needed once. (Unless the phone is relocked of course...)

On Sammy phones, I don't know if the process is the same. I THINK that the advice for performing a backup is more of a precautionary measure. Kung baga, just in case the rooting operation goes wrong, you still have your data backed up.

On what backup app to use:

What do you need to backup ba? Don't worry about your phone contacts. They are automatically synced with your google+ account. You can restore them without issues.
    Your personal files, you can transfer them to your PC via USB.
    Your only problem will be the APP data --- your text messages, saved games, scores, etc. Now, I've not read the steps for rooting the SAMMY, but I'm pretty sure it includes the installation of the Android SDK's ADB tool. Via the ADB tool, there is a command that will allow you to make a backup of your APP + DATA, except for the SMS messages. You can look into that first.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I already rooted by tablet.
    It took me less than 1 minute actually.

The hardest part for a beginner like me is rummaging through all the terminologies used.

In the end I was able to determine the most basic things I need which proved to be a simple task.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    May nakapag-root na ba Lg G2 and then ginawa yung mod para lumakas sound niya. Yun problem ko eh. Mahina pa rin sounds despite the last update.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    May nakapag-root na ba Lg G2 and then ginawa yung mod para lumakas sound niya. Yun problem ko eh. Mahina pa rin sounds despite the last update.
    baka makatulong...

(MOD) The best all around volume booster( an… | LG G2 | XDA Forums

G2 din gamit ko. Sotmax ROM at Dorimanx 8.5 kernel.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    I already rooted by tablet.
    It took me less than 1 minute actually.

The hardest part for a beginner like me is rummaging through all the terminologies used.

In the end I was able to determine the most basic things I need which proved to be a simple task.
    My first Android phone was an HTC Desire. And it also took just a minute to root. But it was the darned longest minute of my life. :D

Yes, it takes a while to get familiarized with the terminologies. And it tends to be overwhelming, especially if this is the first time for you to root your device. Pero things should go smoother later on. From this point, once you learn to make your first Nandroid backup, you should really start playing around with different mods and roms!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    kailan kaya dadating ang xiaomi mi4 dito sa pinas???

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by erj22 View Post
    baka makatulong...

(MOD) The best all around volume booster( an… | LG G2 | XDA Forums

G2 din gamit ko. Sotmax ROM at Dorimanx 8.5 kernel.
    Kaso need pa din pala rooted ang phone. Hindi ko pa na-root eh. Hindi pa tapos warranty. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    kailan kaya dadating ang xiaomi mi4 dito sa pinas???
    Malapit na imho. Hindi matatapos taon afaik.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Any N4 users here?

I couldn't wait for the official Lollipop update from Google so I flashed the latest AOSP build from XDA.
    After a nasty, sluggish startup (lots of FC's), things finally settled down and it's working like a charm.

IF you're interested, head on over to:
    [ROM][LRX21M] Android 5.0 (AOSP - android5.0… | Google Nexus 4 | XDA Forums

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314