New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Tsikoteers, share your + or - experiences using Android OS. Currently enjoying my mobile phone and also planning to buy an Asus Eee Transformer tablet. (Sana magkabudget hehehe)

Before I was a Windows Mobile user but now became an Android convert. Android is fun to use because of so many cool apps from Market that I can freely download and install.

Mobile Phone: LG Optimus One with Froyo (just waiting for Gingerbread to arrive in the Philippines)

Fanboys, pasok na!!!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Favorite apps:

Retro Camera
    Car Performance Full (pretty accurate, and GPS lock-on not as fiddly as other car apps)
    PvZ (meron na!)
    X Construction
    Google Maps
    Layar
    Torque (GPS signal fiddly, but man, is it cool)

Lots of games besides those, and lots of other neat apps... but my phone was recently reset, so now I'm looking for new ones.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Used a LG P500 Optimus One Froyo OS for six months. Upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S II Gingerbread OS. Using Launcher PRO Plus.

Customised Homescreen and Lockscreen...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Wow. Ganda ng review sa Galaxy S II. I'm still contemplating if I'm gonna upgrade to an HTC Sensation or S II or just buy a tablet.

Some of my favorite apps:

Market
    GoWeather
    Camera360
    Rockplayer
    FruitSlice
    NDrive - LG 01 GPS apps (dati mabilis mag lock-on now hindi na. I wonder why)
    Nimbuzz
    PowerAMP
    Unified Remote - Remote Control for Boxee and XBMC

Yung XConstruction dati meron ako but I removed it. Hirap ako e. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    buy SPB shell 3D in the app market if you want launcher eyecandy. but, it will drain your battery faster than ever.

been using it in my cherry mobile magnumHD with froyo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    HTC Inspire and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Juice Defender plus for my phone, and yes battery will last longer. SwiftKey X keyboard for both my phone and tab. Also been downloading free Apps of the day * Amazon app store.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I also needed to download Juice Defender for my Galaxy S, but since updating to Gingerbread, it hasn't been as bad as it was before, anyway.

Thinking of selling my Galaxy S and upgrading to the Galaxy Tab (even if it's not upgraded to S II specs yet) for the form factor.

X Construction is cool. The physics are pretty wacky, so you can do some weird things with it.

There are lots of good time wasters on Android... unfortunately I'm not quite happy with the selection of RPGs and strategy games yet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I have the original Desire, running a custom GB ROM (RCMix S 2.0).
    Nainip na ako sa kahihintay sa HTC ilabas yung GB for Desire eh.

My favorite apps:
    * QuickPic (picture gallery alternative)
    * SpringPad
    * Titanium Backup
    * The Angry Birds series.
    * Deathworm
    * Apparatus (similar to the old Dos game, The Incredible Machines)

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I’ve never tried Custom ROMs as I'm patiently waiting for the release of Gingerbread for my phone. I hope LG release it before the month ends. Based on what I read, Gingerbread really improves the performance and battery life of your phone.

Juice Defender is good but sometimes I need to disable it as it prevents my Wifi to connect. My friend has the same experience too. He's using HTC Desire with Froyo.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I’ve never tried Custom ROMs as I'm patiently waiting for the release of Gingerbread for my phone. I hope LG release it before the month ends. Based on what I read, Gingerbread really improves the performance and battery life of your phone.

Juice Defender is good but sometimes I need to disable it as it prevents my Wifi to connect. My friend has the same experience too. He's using HTC Desire with Froyo.

For me, I was originally planning on using Custom ROMs when the day comes that HTC declares end of support for my Desire. But I guess I got impatient. :D My main driving factor in ROOTing and installing a custom ROM was the ridiculous main memory limitation of the Desire -- a paltry 148mb. Even with App2SD (which moved the App files, to SD but kept the app data and dalvik cache in main memory), I would still be getting the annoying "Low Memory" warning every couple of weeks.

The custom ROM I'm using provides a nice hack which creates a symbolic link in the main memory's Apps folder to the SD card, effectively fooling the OS into thinking it's got more memory than 148mb.

Another nice thing about custom ROMs is that they usually come with a CPU Frequency Governor. The CPU Governor sets the CPU frequency depending on the usage level of your phone. If your phone is idle, it underclocks the CPU to the lowest possible level. If your CPU% goes up (e.g. you're playing a game), it sets the CPU frequency to normal. With the CPU Governor, the battery life of my Desire went up dramatically. Before, my battery would run out roughly 18 hours after a full charge. Now, I can get as much as 36 hours on a full charge before going empty. (Heavy texting, browsing, occasional games)

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast