Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    we have used both vulca seal and epoxy.
    and our opinion is,
    "either works. but we think vulca seal is easier to apply, and is cheaper."

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Use Polyurethane...the ultimate multipurpose sealant/adhesive.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I had my gutters, sanipa & drain pipes changed just last November. Doc is right that it would look look like an eyesore, but mine turned out OK since the house is painted white & blue gray. If it were painted a darker color, wouldn’t look good. Gutters are actually the headache in house maintenance, so best to go stainless. I also changed my post lights to stainless steel to match the stainless steel gutter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    stainless is good, theres no need to paint it

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook C202SA using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I had my gutters, sanipa & drain pipes changed just last November. Doc is right that it would look look like an eyesore, but mine turned out OK since the house is painted white & blue gray. If it were painted a darker color, wouldn’t look good. Gutters are actually the headache in house maintenance, so best to go stainless. I also changed my post lights to stainless steel to match the stainless steel gutter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Or go gutterless. We've long transferred em to the ground...open trenches covered by plastic kennel pallets & stones....to the delight of gutterphobic homeowners. Zero leaks, No collateral risks, hassle-free, super low maintenance & ultra efficient. They do everything gutters do....but way better. One big thing less to worry about.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Or go gutterless. We've long transferred em to the ground...open trenches covered by plastic kennel pallets & stones....to the delight of gutterphobic homeowners. Zero leaks, No collateral risks, hassle-free, super low maintenance & ultra efficient. They do everything gutters do....but way better. One big thing less to worry about.

My house can't be gutterless, during heavy rain water from the roof will pour into neighbour's house.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we have used both vulca seal and epoxy.
    and our opinion is,
    "either works. but we think vulca seal is easier to apply, and is cheaper."

What I worry about using epoxy is

1. When epoxy sets, it is hard and not flexible, I doubt will any movement of the gutter will spoil the bonding, and break the epoxy from the gutter surface.

2. When gutter exposes to sunlight, metal and epoxy expand in different rate, the difference in expansion will create a force to crack the epoxy and tear the epoxy from the metal.

Vulca Seal when set is still slightly flexible.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bigT View Post
    My house can't be gutterless, during heavy rain water from the roof will pour into neighbour's house.
    You can install a 'rainstop' at the end of your roof to guide the flow vertically onto the trenches. Sample of what we usually do in pics below.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    chains, as guides?
    ...paint 'em your choice of color...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    chains, as guides?
    ...paint 'em your choice of color...
    Works for spouts....but to have em would mean gutters, too.Aluminium Gutter/Pre painted steel gutter

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Works for spouts....but to have em would mean gutters, too.Aluminium Gutter/Pre painted steel gutter

oo nga pala...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Aluminium Gutter/Pre painted steel gutter