New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Update ko lang ito. My project went on the back shelf again. Pinuntahan naman talaga ako nung taga Benpres yata yun (?) na kausap ko. Tama naman lahat ng calculation -- kaya lang, I found out na yung stated output nung solar panel ay hindi pala sustained! Siguro kaya madalas ma-brownout yung mga iba diyan.

Apparently, ang stated output ng mga panels ay parang yung sa speakers dati -- nakalagay mataas pero peak lang pala ito -- parang PMPO ng speakers. Ang sustained output ay parang 20-30% lang nung stated output.

Dahil doon, hindi naging feasible ang project. Sabi ko titignan ko na lang uli in about 5 years.

For the meantime, we replaced all bulbs with CFLs, replaced all old fluorescent lights with electronic ballasts, installed "kisame" on all AC rooms, made sure no AC's are underpowered, and made a point to assess all appliances 5 years old or older pag nasisira kung worth it pa ipagawa o palitan na lang ng more energy efficient ones -- ayos naman medyo malaki din natipid.

I was hoping for more pero siguro for next year na yun.
    Yan po ang common assumption ng mga interested consumers na porke naka post sa ads yung number of watts eh akala nila yan yung average when in fact that's the peak power na kaya i produce in the most ideal conditions. I have a place in Boracay, Laguna, Bicol and Tarlac that use a combination of Solar and windmills and it helps but not to the point that you can say that the house is independent. Pag gamit palang ng 1 pc, lamp and fan eh it drains the total power stored within just a few hours. That's why I have the entire circuit set up na pag gabi na i'll just use the energy stored to power up lights. Malaki pa yung mga panels na kinabit ko. Imagine the smallest of the homes has a house area of 1500sqm and lahat ng panels is on one side of the roof along with 2 windmills. Sometimes the swish of the windmills get irritating maswerte ako at wala kapit bahay sa area namin. The nearest one is at least 50 suv lengths away.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sometimes changing the lights to CFLs will not be enough. Changing the lightings to high efficiency & high output LED lighting would be the solution (at least for the lighting side of the problem).

As for using a PC, a standard PC is wasteful of energy. A net-top PC or even a netbook would conserve power while still giving you access to the internet, etc. (Of course if you want to play graphics heavy games, there is no choice but to use a more powerful PC).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sometimes changing the lights to CFLs will not be enough. Changing the lightings to high efficiency & high output LED lighting would be the solution (at least for the lighting side of the problem).

As for using a PC, a standard PC is wasteful of energy. A net-top PC or even a netbook would conserve power while still giving you access to the internet, etc. (Of course if you want to play graphics heavy games, there is no choice but to use a more powerful PC).

Meron na bang LED lighting for home/office use? Saan nakakabili nun?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Have you seen the light output of LED lights, Unless you get the bulbs with the LED's all the way around they are pretty much just a beam, it does not fill the room with light much like a LED flashlight. Not a very natural look but they do save electricity. Plus they are still pretty pricey per unit.

The LED lights still need some improvements in lumens and diffusion in the light then they will be golden after that.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron na bang LED lighting for home/office use? Saan nakakabili nun?
    Yes unfortunately not locally available. I was able to buy from a store in HK a few years ago. I bought them as samples so I could look into possibly import and sell them in Manila. Unfortunately, the price then was too high to be viable for me to start importation and distribution.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 27th, 2009 at 09:11 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Have you seen the light output of LED lights, Unless you get the bulbs with the LED's all the way around they are pretty much just a beam, it does not fill the room with light much like a LED flashlight. Not a very natural look but they do save electricity. Plus they are still pretty pricey per unit.

The LED lights still need some improvements in lumens and diffusion in the light then they will be golden after that.
    The ones I have are 1 watt LED lighting units. They are designed as a spot light with a single LED bulb in the middle and reflector around it to project the light towards one direction.

It looks something like this...

Using a crude light defuser I was able to spread the light around the room instead of just in one area. Illumination is roughly equal to a 3 watt CFL bulb.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    up ko lang itong thread....
    mukhang napapanahon naman ngayon dahil sa binabalak na rotating brownout uli...
    my question is, affordable ba ngayon ang bumili ng home solar kit at saan kaya makakabili nito?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    up ko lang itong thread....
    mukhang napapanahon naman ngayon dahil sa binabalak na rotating brownout uli...
    my question is, affordable ba ngayon ang bumili ng home solar kit at saan kaya makakabili nito?
    In a word, no. It still costs a lot of money to have a full solar power system to light up your home.

It would be cheaper/practical to have a UPS setup for emergency power of your electrical equipment including lights. You can modify a standard UPS to use a bigger external battery for longer battery time.

Links:

http://bacoor.olx.com.ph/solar-power...es-iid-5983448

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/cl...q/solar+panels

http://www.solarbuzz.com/CompanyList...hilippines.htm

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Update ko lang ito. My project went on the back shelf again. Pinuntahan naman talaga ako nung taga Benpres yata yun (?) na kausap ko. Tama naman lahat ng calculation -- kaya lang, I found out na yung stated output nung solar panel ay hindi pala sustained! Siguro kaya madalas ma-brownout yung mga iba diyan.

Apparently, ang stated output ng mga panels ay parang yung sa speakers dati -- nakalagay mataas pero peak lang pala ito -- parang PMPO ng speakers. Ang sustained output ay parang 20-30% lang nung stated output.

Dahil doon, hindi naging feasible ang project. Sabi ko titignan ko na lang uli in about 5 years.

For the meantime, we replaced all bulbs with CFLs, replaced all old fluorescent lights with electronic ballasts, installed "kisame" on all AC rooms, made sure no AC's are underpowered, and made a point to assess all appliances 5 years old or older pag nasisira kung worth it pa ipagawa o palitan na lang ng more energy efficient ones -- ayos naman medyo malaki din natipid.

I was hoping for more pero siguro for next year na yun.
    yung mga earlier versions ng solar panels have efficiency of less than 15%. but lately, there are 17% and up. so depende sa brand and manufacturer... but of course mas mahal sila ng konte. In setting up solar power system, hindi lang yung efficiency ng panels ang kelangan i-consoder. Every component is very vital. The Photovoltaic module, the type of battery you use, the power inverter, charge controller, and the cables.:
    1. The PV - lately there are PVs out there that is rated 17 or 18% (far way better than the old ones)
    2. The Battery - make sure you're using deep cycled battery. These type of battery can squiz their juice up to 70 to 80% of its capacity without harming them.
    3. The power inverter & charge controller - make sure its not too big, otherwise you'll end up using more energy than what the system is intended for.
    4. The cables - ah.... more often than not, this is the part where lots of enthusiast overlooked and under estimated. Running 12V requires bigger wire than you normally see in household wires, its because it draws a higher current. 120w at 12V draws 10amps. while 120watts at 220V draws only 0.55A. That's a big difference. So I suggest consider the gauge of the wire you'll be using by determining your Max load and the length of the wire. or else you'll end up wasting sooooo much power in the wires (power lost)

Hope i shared something

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Affordable solar power?