New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    yeah, im using my desktop now nag aalinlangan ako buksan ung laptop eh baka mas lalo ko pang masira pero pde ko cya on pde ko kabit sa pc ko pero it will only take about 5-10minutes tapos mag shut down na ung laptop , since nung nag ooverheat cya hindi ko na pinapatagal sa 5 minutes pinapatay ko na agad baka masunog eh

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Sir talaga po bang ayaw na mag-run even on safe-mode?

My Acer laptop overheats too and the screen starts to mess-up and shuts off when it gets hot. So I checked the fan if it's working but i can't hear the fan anymore and I can't feel heat coming out of the vents as well. So I suspected it was the fan, the funny thing is it happened a day after the warranty expired. Anyway I had it checked at the acer service center and they said some chip got burned (maybe that was preventing the fan from working??) and the entire mainboard needs to be replaced. The total quotation was 12k, I was upset because it's just a year old and I never expected the damage to be that much.

I hope sir that in your case it's just the fan. Or sir you can try to direct an aircon vent on to the hot part to prevent it from shutting off, that's what I did so I can back-up my files.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    To back up you laptops HDD. This generally works with all laptops.

1. Buy a external 2.5 inch USB 2 HDD case available from any computer store. Dirt cheap sa CDR-King.
    2. Remove power cable and battery from your laptop.
    3. Flip it over. You should see a hatch that contains your HDD.
    4. Remove the screws.
    5. Gently pull out the hard drive. It will usually slide out.
    6. Your HDD may be protected by a metal like case, remove it.
    7. Install it in your external case.
    8. Connect HDD case to your desktop and backup.

Note: dont work on your laptop in a carpeted room and ground yourself before touching the HDD.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by deZw07 View Post
    Sir talaga po bang ayaw na mag-run even on safe-mode?

My Acer laptop overheats too and the screen starts to mess-up and shuts off when it gets hot. So I checked the fan if it's working but i can't hear the fan anymore and I can't feel heat coming out of the vents as well. So I suspected it was the fan, the funny thing is it happened a day after the warranty expired. Anyway I had it checked at the acer service center and they said some chip got burned (maybe that was preventing the fan from working??) and the entire mainboard needs to be replaced. The total quotation was 12k, I was upset because it's just a year old and I never expected the damage to be that much.

I hope sir that in your case it's just the fan. Or sir you can try to direct an aircon vent on to the hot part to prevent it from shutting off, that's what I did so I can back-up my files.

well it will work kahit naka safe mode or kahit hindi safe mode, but the problem is the fan

pumunta na ko sa isang computer center dito na Acer service center at check pa nila yung fan.. hopefully dust lang un at kaya ayaw umikot

i will have my feedback tomorrow from them sana nga fan at hindi na ko mag isip ng gagastusin pa

warranty void kasi ung resibo nasa tate hindi mahanap ng mom ko ung receipt

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    To back up you laptops HDD. This generally works with all laptops.

1. Buy a external 2.5 inch USB 2 HDD case available from any computer store. Dirt cheap sa CDR-King.
    2. Remove power cable and battery from your laptop.
    3. Flip it over. You should see a hatch that contains your HDD.
    4. Remove the screws.
    5. Gently pull out the hard drive. It will usually slide out.
    6. Your HDD may be protected by a metal like case, remove it.
    7. Install it in your external case.
    8. Connect HDD case to your desktop and backup.

Note: dont work on your laptop in a carpeted room and ground yourself before touching the HDD.
    agree......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Acer laptop overheat