New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Is there a way for my PC to output 5.1 surround sound through its headphone jack by connecting it through a male to male 3.5 cable to the auxiliary port of a DVD home theater (LG 355-SD) setup? Will that give me 6 separate channels?

The ht system has no HDMI and optical in. Is it better if I use a male 3.5 to rca cable. Will that give me 6 separate channels?

Sorry mods if I placed this in the wrong thread. Don't know where else to put it and I'm assuming that the audiophiles here would know the answer.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Nope. Actually yun nabasa ko palang "output surround sound through its headphone jack" automatically bawal na eh.

you only get 2 channel in that RCA cable, but its actually defends on the file you play to produce surround sound and to the system which can produce surround, say from pc output to a system processor and to the amplifiers, but like i said, it defends on the file you play, many files now converted to a very poor quality and can only produce two channel or just one line..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bayawak boy View Post
    Is there a way for my PC to output 5.1 surround sound through its headphone jack by connecting it through a male to male 3.5 cable to the auxiliary port of a DVD home theater (LG 355-SD) setup? Will that give me 6 separate channels?

The ht system has no HDMI and optical in. Is it better if I use a male 3.5 to rca cable. Will that give me 6 separate channels?

Sorry mods if I placed this in the wrong thread. Don't know where else to put it and I'm assuming that the audiophiles here would know the answer.

I assume your HT speaker system has front, rear, center and sub ports.

The PC's sound output ports can be set from simple stereo to 5.1 output by changing it's mode (via Windows sound settings). This will reconfigure the audio ports to front pair, rear pair and center/woofer configurations.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the movie is properly encoded, the best that the TS can get from the 2-channel headphone out would be dolby pro-logic surround sound ... not quite 5.1 performance but good enough for some people

5.1 Surround Sound Dilemma ( PC to HT)