New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    What a delightfully open-ended question. If you're using a router, you can just set up file sharing. If you're using a hub, you should get a router. If you have no idea what I just said, you're better off finding a professional (or a computer savvy nephew) to help you do it.

Networks and sharing are tricky to set up properly, even for people that have been working with computers for years.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I had 2 computers in my house before, connected to 1 dsl.
    Here's how we used to transfer

Get Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenger on each computer, Upgrade each messenger service to the latest. Log in on both messengers (Using different names of course). Then transfer files that way, it's actually pretty fast, mine would download/upload at about 1mb+ per second. Try mu po, it's rapid fast. Simple and fast!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    I had 2 computers in my house before, connected to 1 dsl.
    Here's how we used to transfer

Get Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenger on each computer, Upgrade each messenger service to the latest. Log in on both messengers (Using different names of course). Then transfer files that way, it's actually pretty fast, mine would download/upload at about 1mb+ per second. Try mu po, it's rapid fast. Simple and fast!
    sige kris explore ko rin itong suggestion mo.
    Thanks

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maop99 View Post
    where do I get one? do all computer stores have it? mahal ba ito? how much?
    Thanks
    Not more than 10,000 for a 200/250GB. If you can't find any, just tell me, i can help you look for it by asking stores.

the problem usually is that the salesmen/women don't know what they are selling. hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Not more than 10,000 for a 200/250GB. If you can't find any, just tell me, i can help you look for it by asking stores.

the problem usually is that the salesmen/women don't know what they are selling. hehe
    hahaha very true hehehe....thanks HP....I'll try to look for NAS...I think for our use a 20-40GB NAS unit (if there us such a size) would do. di naman masyadong heavy yung files na shine-share namin

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    About don sa tanong mo... To get the two computers share their files with each other! First you must identify kung ano ang dsl modem, router and then hub. Yung DSL modem is yung peripheral na nakakabit directly sa telephone line nyo, usually is yung itsura non eh yung parang black box na may mga maliliit na ilaw or led. Meron din kulay gray or sometimes white yung DSL modem. Para malaman mo kung yon nga yung DSL modem, hanapin mo yung mismong line ng telepono nyo, then may junction box yon na puti, usually direct na nakakabit yon sa DSL modem or if you are using another line for the telephone, eh may splitter yon, one na papuntang telephone mismo and the other is don na sa DSL modem na.

Then the next thing is the router, yung DSL modem ay may wire na nakakabit sa router, e2 naman yung nagproprovide ng internet and network sa mga pc na nakakabit dito. Usually ganon din ang itsura ng Router... parang modem din ng DSL pero meron syang mga slot... karamihan eh 5 slots yon, 1 for the wire na papuntang dsl modem then the other 4 is yung mga slots na papuntang pc. D-Link and Surecomm karamihan yung brand ng router, just look kung e2 yung isa sa brand nya. Mostly direct to the router yung connection from pc to router kapag dalawa lang pc nyo sa office tulad ng sayo kase baka 4 port lang yung router nyo.

Kung ganon nga eh madali lang isetup yan...starting from windows XP..click Start then Settings and then Click Control Panel...Then lalabas yung table ng Control Panel, Hanapin mo yung icon ng System, double click mo yon then lalabas yung table ng System Properties...click mo yung tab ng Computer Name...hanapin mo yung Change na button tapos click mo yon! May lalabas na table na Computer Name Changes then irename mo yung Computer Name...kahit anong name ilagay mo pero mas maganda kung walang space or buong name lang sya kunwari "PC1" or "Accounting" or kahit ano basta walang space tulad nito "PC 1" or "PC Accounting". Then irename mo din yung Workgroup, kailangan puro capital letters at walang space pa rin. Kailangan unselected yung domain at workgroup ang nakaselect.

Pag ayos na click mo yung OK button then alam ko tatanungin ka ng windows kung magrerestart ka! Siempre irestart mo yung PC para ma-aaply yung settings... Do it wih the other PC pero kailangan magkaiba ng Computer Name pero the same ang workgroup then ok button ulit then restart mo rin! Kapag okay na parehas yung dalawang pc then punta ka sa windows explorer then select the drive you want to share...for example is drive C: right click mo sya then select sharing and security...tapos click mo yung link na may nakalagay na "If you understand the security risk but want to share files without running the wizard,click here" tapos may lalabas na table na Enable File Sharing...choose mo lang yung "Just Enable File Sharing" then click OK! Do it with the other PC!

Kung may Drive D ka or nakapartition yung HDD mo sa dalawa, Drive C and D pwede rin parehas mo ishare. Just do the same procedure in windows explorer. Then ok na parehas yon, nakashare na sila! Bast kung gusto mo makita yung files ng kabilang PC...double click mo lang yung My Network Places sa Desktop nya then makikita mo yung icon ng workgroup nyo sa lalabsa na table. Double click mo lang sya then makikita mo na yung dalawang PC... sayo and the other PC.click mo lang PC nya para pwede mo na ibrowse mga files nya!Naintindihan nyo po ba? This is my way of networking two pc's! My opinion din!

----

NOTE:

Sir/Madam,

If you have a long reply or post, please break it down into separate paragraphs for easy reading.

Thank you.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by nicolodeon; June 20th, 2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Long post. Broke it down into paragraphs for easier reading.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'm actually transferring files right now.I'm just using the share folder feature. I have a computer and laptop. The computer is connected to my Smart Bro,and outputs to my laptops ethernet..so my laptop is the host computer. I transferred 18gigs of music and i took about 4hrs....sooo exhausting hahaha. I'm reformatting my laptop so im using the desktop computer as my storage to backup my files. It took me about 1 day to transfer all the files to the desktop. Then its gonna take another whole day to transfer it back huhuhuh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I think it would be easier if you burn your files in a dvd. 18gb of files is roughly 4 to 5 dvds and each disc would probably take about 5 to 10 mintes to burn. That would save you time and effort.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    A USB-HD is a lot more convenient.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    A USB-HD is a lot more convenient.
    yep, meron naman mga external casings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2 Computers exchanging files?