New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maop99 View Post
    Sorry I don't know what its called but right now we have 2 computers in the office connected to one DSL line, these computers often share the same files etc. so what we always do is to put the files from one computer in a flash drive and transfer it to the other computer....I know there is a better way of doing this...can you transfer files from one computer to the other without using the flash drive anymore?

please help naman. Thanks
    '
    saan ba naka-connect yung 2 mo computers?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sorry I don't know what its called but right now we have 2 computers in the office connected to one DSL line, these computers often share the same files etc. so what we always do is to put the files from one computer in a flash drive and transfer it to the other computer....I know there is a better way of doing this...can you transfer files from one computer to the other without using the flash drive anymore?

please help naman. Thanks
    before, 98 pa lang ang windows, we were using cables, like printer cable, tawag dito LAPLINK ma transfer mo lahat ng data. now meron ng IP messages you can send it lahat ng data, pero dapat naka-log kayo sa isang system, like mainframe, or network, dsl etc..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    pag pareho XP, network wizard lang katapat. i was in the same boat as you before, 1 XP, 1 98SE, di ko mapagana-gana yung network. sobrang hassle, minsan visible yung naka WIN98, minsan hindi. hit and miss lang kasi iba yung driver versions.

ngayon, pareho XP, smooth sailing na.
    I think solution nga is to make it XP...lets say okay na lahat and there is a network already, ma-access ba nung other computer yung files na nasa kabilang computer? or just the files na shared? kasi yung isang computer sa akin then yung isa sa staff, I don't want them din to have access to my own private stuff.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The simplest way to solve your problem is through a Network Attached Storage (NAS).

NAS are connected to the router and may be accessed anytime even if the other PC is not turned on.
    so NAS is like a hard drive connected to the two computers? tama ba? how much is it?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IIE View Post
    before, 98 pa lang ang windows, we were using cables, like printer cable, tawag dito LAPLINK ma transfer mo lahat ng data. now meron ng IP messages you can send it lahat ng data, pero dapat naka-log kayo sa isang system, like mainframe, or network, dsl etc..
    yes same DSL line and connected with a router...okay na ba ito? may nagsabi sa akin kailangan ng server or something.. wala kaming ganun....and the 2 computers a quite far from each other so mahirap lagyan ng cable...the only connectiont hey have in common is the DSL through the router.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The simplest way pa rin is a Network Attached Storage.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The simplest way pa rin is a Network Attached Storage.
    where do I get one? do all computer stores have it? mahal ba ito? how much?
    Thanks

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Install a "sneaker-net" for your computers.

It won't cost you a dime.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    yes same DSL line and connected with a router...okay na ba ito? may nagsabi sa akin kailangan ng server or something.. wala kaming ganun....and the 2 computers a quite far from each other so mahirap lagyan ng cable...the only connectiont hey have in common is the DSL through the router.

a ok.. it means connected yun 2 pc, sa dsl, ganito bro, used IP messenger na lang. para makuha mo yun files mo, or share mo yun folder with lock then pag open mo sa other pc meron syang security lock. ok ba yun sayo? dito sa office namin ganun lang ginagawa, kung pede sa IP much better if not lock natin. meron din akong private folder were i can place all my private files, (alam nyo na yun boyz... heheh) pero meron sya lock as in d mo ma-oopen hanggat d mo alam ang lock code ng folders.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    stick ka na lang sa flash drive or upgrade the other PC to XP.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2 Computers exchanging files?