Results are based on reader and telephone polls conducted with various retailers in Singapore.

Courtesy of our sister site, CNETAsia, here in priority are May's 10 most popular cell phones in the stores now. (Editor's note: Results are based on reader and telephone polls conducted with various retailers in Singapore.)

1. Nokia 3230
The good: Huge display; speedy user interface; powerful speakers.
The bad: Photo-capture capabilities lag; uneven build; rigid menu soft keys.
The bottom line: The 3230 offers a reasonable choice for those looking for a decent smart phone, but its design blemishes its potential.
Read review | Check prices

2. Sony Ericsson K750i
The good: Sleek design; great display; user-friendly controls; speedy interface; excellent camera and music functions; hot-swappable memory expansion; solid battery life.
The bad: Flimsy upper row of soft keys; small joystick; fairly long loading times.
The bottom line: It doesn't have 3G or the kitchen sink, but the K750i packs just about everything you could demand from a high-end camera phone.

3. O2 Xphone IIm
The good: Superb display; excellent keys; intuitive user interface; feature-rich; strong multimedia functionality; Mini SD expansion slot.
The bad: Small joystick; no significant upgrades; no equalizer or MP3 ring tone support; VGA-only camera; expansion not hot-swappable.
The bottom line: If you already own an Xphone II, don't bother. However, if you're in the market for a smart phone, they don't come much better than this one.
Read review

4. Motorola V3
The good: Striking design; e-mail support; beautiful display; Bluetooth; speakerphone; world phone.
The bad: Video playback only; volume a bit low.
The bottom line: More than just a pretty face, the Motorola Razr V3 backs up its radical design with solid features and excellent performance.

5. Samsung SGH-E720C
The good: High-resolution 262,000-color TFT; well-implemented megapixel camera; MP3 player; Bluetooth; outstanding battery life.
The bad: No radio; small internal memory; no expansion slot; no missed call icon.
The bottom line: The E720C performs impressively as a music phone and functions well as a media phone.
Read review

6. Nokia 6680
The good: Triband and dual mode; dual video-capable cameras; video-sharing feature; hot-swappable RS-MMC slot.
The bad: Odd-size buttons; VGA front camera; no radio; occasional menu slowdowns.
The bottom line: Experience 3G as it should be with this handset packed full of multimedia and PIM features.

7. Sony Ericsson K700i
The good: Stylish design; high-resolution screen; integrated camera with video; Bluetooth; speakerphone; MP3 support and FM radio; 41MB of memory; world phone.
The bad: Stylish design; high-resolution screen; integrated camera with video; Bluetooth; speakerphone; MP3 support and FM radio; 41MB of memory; world phone.
The bottom line: The Sony Ericsson K700i offers a good mix of features and style but falls a bit short on performance.

8. Motorola E398
The good: Attractively designed with an understated style; bright 65,000-color screen; 3D stereo sound; VGA camera with photo light; external storage; solid battery life.
The bad: Jerky video playback; no video recording; no FM radio.
The bottom line: The Motorola E398 with its host of features is well-suited for sophisticated mobile users while its smart outlook will appeal to executives.

9. Nokia 3120
The good: Triband; compact design; speakerphone; inexpensive; solid battery life.
The bad: Lackluster display; rudimentary feature set.
The bottom line: For the frequent jet-setter who merely needs a basic phone to stay in touch, the triband Nokia 3120 should suffice.

10. Sony Ericsson Z800i
The good: Large internal display; good 3G reception; hot-swappable Memory Stick Duo; MP3 playback; multiple connectivity and media features.
The bad: Bulky; heavy; poor external display; low tactile navigator; pricey.
The bottom line: A worthy addition to the array of 3G phones available here, the Z800i comes with other media surprises despite its unattractive Goliath