New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Who is your BEST F1 ROOKIE in 2006?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nico Rosberg

5 31.25%
  • Robert Kubica

11 68.75%
  • Scott Speed

0 0%
  • Sakun Yamamoto

0 0%
  • Yuji Ide

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    I guess Ide and Yamamoto are in the choices just to be technical. They're simply not worthy F1 drivers. If I were among the bosses of the sport, I will prohibit these guys. In fact, the bigotry of Aguri is getting through my nerves. They just had to force in any driver coming from Japan even if he is slow and/or dangerous. Montagny did a decent job after Ide forfeited his license, so it's really unfair for him to be replaced with a less capable driver.
    It's not really bigotry. The primary Japanese sponsors of Super Aguri were dictating the requirement that Suzuki should put Japanese drivers on his car or else they will remove their financial backing. Maybe it's bigotry on the sponsors. Several drivers on the other cars are known to be buying their own F1 seat with their own sponsor like in Spyker and Red Bull. For example, the Dutch owned Spyker team has a Dutch sponsor who wanted Dutch driver Christian Albers. Perhaps if there is such a team as San Miguel Beer F1, I am pretty sure our local hero Tyson Sy would drive it, with local hotbabe Michelle Bumgarner as 2nd driver.

By the way, I think the Japanese sponsors have finally realized that they are only making embarrassing publicity with insisting inexperienced Japanese drivers be put on Super Aguri. Talks are now ongoing that veteran driver Anthony Davidson from Honda will be Aguri's race driver alongside Sato in 2007 as part of the engine deal.

Speed comes in third not performing as optimally as expected, but I believe he can unleash his true form next year.
    I wish somebody would offer huge amount of money for Danica Patrick to switch to F1.

Maybe the future will look something like: Kubica, Rosberg, Kovalainen, Hamilton, Danica, Rossi. Maybe a Danica-versus-Katherine Legge battle at Monza or Monaco is exciting to watch. Then Iceman Raikkonen comes out of nowehere and splits the two babes in the middle down the finish. What a storyline. It will help us reduce our reminiscing of Michael.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i dont think rossi is going to switch to f1 anytime soon. after an f1 test drive, he said that he didn't enjoy that the mechanics kept telling him what he could and couldn't do, unlike in motorcycles where you're pretty much left to yourself.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    It's not really bigotry. The primary Japanese sponsors of Super Aguri were dictating the requirement that Suzuki should put Japanese drivers on his car or else they will remove their financial backing. Maybe it's bigotry on the sponsors. Several drivers on the other cars are known to be buying their own F1 seat with their own sponsor like in Spyker and Red Bull. For example, the Dutch owned Spyker team has a Dutch sponsor who wanted Dutch driver Christian Albers. Perhaps if there is such a team as San Miguel Beer F1, I am pretty sure our local hero Tyson Sy would drive it, with local hotbabe Michelle Bumgarner as 2nd driver.

By the way, I think the Japanese sponsors have finally realized that they are only making embarrassing publicity with insisting inexperienced Japanese drivers be put on Super Aguri. Talks are now ongoing that veteran driver Anthony Davidson from Honda will be Aguri's race driver alongside Sato in 2007 as part of the engine deal.
    Ok, so it's the sponsors after all. Well, F1 is a global sport so the select few who get to drive there should really be deserving. It's acceptable to have at least one local driver in a team sponsored by an entity of a certain country. If ever, Davidson will be interesting to watch next year. I'd like to see him cream his kamikaze teammate, or maybe Sato will run into him in at least one race.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    I wish somebody would offer huge amount of money for Danica Patrick to switch to F1.

Maybe the future will look something like: Kubica, Rosberg, Kovalainen, Hamilton, Danica, Rossi. Maybe a Danica-versus-Katherine Legge battle at Monza or Monaco is exciting to watch. Then Iceman Raikkonen comes out of nowehere and splits the two babes in the middle down the finish. What a storyline. It will help us reduce our reminiscing of Michael.
    Danica Patrick? She hasn't even won a race in IRL right? And due to the shortage of seats in F1, forcing in a mediocre woman driver will create further controvery. Maybe if it were Sabine (Schmidt?), the Nurburgring resident, it will make more sense.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    At the beginning I was impressed by Rosberg but he had a string of
    collisions and DNFs that was really nobody's fault but his own.
    So looking back I think Robert Kubica was more able to capitalize on the
    opportunities that presented itself this year.

So for me Robert Kubica, definitely rookie of the year.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Its a toss between Kubica & Rosberg... pero from what I have seen at the start of the season... Nico's run was amazing... Kubica benefitted from the strong car of his team... pero kay Rosberg nako... Anak ni Keke e... ahehehehe

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    rosberg. nakatsamba lang si kubica.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Danica Patrick? She hasn't even won a race in IRL right? And due to the shortage of seats in F1, forcing in a mediocre woman driver will create further controvery. Maybe if it were Sabine (Schmidt?), the Nurburgring resident, it will make more sense.
    If only Bernie Ecclestone would want to cash-in on the horny audiences out there. Why not?

Do you think it's good (or fun) to have a Joker on the grid? Used to be Sato before, but he is boring now. He seems to be too careful nowadays.

Here's a funny video clip of Takuma Sato the Joker with matching funny Honda theme song. Hey, even the Joker wins sometimes. Try to take note how Sato keeps hounding the Ferraris, especially on that scene from a Monaco start. Funny banzai moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9lvvfp1_w

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    *** sells, yes, but the hype can only last for so long. We can't even see her face while racing, and podium chances are very slim for her, even back there in IRL.

Sato, on the other hand, is a perfect fit for NASCAR. Toyota will be entering the series next year, and rumor has it that Honda will follow suit.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    *** sells, yes, but the hype can only last for so long. We can't even see her face while racing, and podium chances are very slim for her, even back there in IRL.
    Honestly, I have seen only a few of Danica's races. So I really can't judge her driving skills. But podium finishes are not a proper criteria to tell whether a driver is good or bad.

Rubens Barichello never had any podium finish this year after he switched to Honda. Even Jenson Button's first career win at Hungaroring was a hallow win since he got it because everyone else crashed out.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    though it's true that jenson probably wouldnt have one if not for alonso and kimi's retirements, he still drove impressively in hungary, from 14th place to first-- and on a wet track.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Who is your BEST F1 ROOKIE in 2006?