New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Who is your BEST F1 ROOKIE in 2006?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nico Rosberg

5 31.25%
  • Robert Kubica

11 68.75%
  • Scott Speed

0 0%
  • Sakun Yamamoto

0 0%
  • Yuji Ide

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Who among the F1 Rookies do you think dominated the 2006 Season with their impressive runs?

Pick from the poll.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sakon Yamamoto.

Seriously, I think it's Robert Kubica.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    While I don't really want to downplay Kubica's podium finish in just 3 runs, but the BMW was obviously more superior than the Williams Cosworth of Nico. And for me, it was almost a miracle that Nico even qualified his Williams on the Top 10 on occasion which even outclassed his veteran teammate Mark Webber. And I'm more impressed by maneuvers rather than a Jenson Button type of win due to other driver's accidents upfront.

Scott Speed..... well, he is turning out to be an over-publicity that became a dud. Sayang yung surname niya, it would have been a knockout combination.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think Kubica did well against Heidfeld considering he hasn't done too many races yet. And yeah, Speed's overrated.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    I think Kubica did well against Heidfeld considering he hasn't done too many races yet.
    And Kubica rubbed salt on Jack Villenueve's wounds, come to think he was replaced and outshined by a rookie using the same car. Instead of sympathizing with him, fans simply pitied him when he unleashed his tirade on Schumi to the very end.

I think Villenueve is what we say in the music industry as a one-hit-wonder.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kubica, with Rosberg a close second

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    robert kubica,no contest.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Nico Rosberg, dahil former F1 champ ang daddy n'ya si Keke

na naging manager ng 2 time F1 champ Mika Hakkinen.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Kubica. Great performance,- showing JV how to drive in today's cars....

:starwars:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I guess Ide and Yamamoto are in the choices just to be technical. They're simply not worthy F1 drivers. If I were among the bosses of the sport, I will prohibit these guys. In fact, the bigotry of Aguri is getting through my nerves. They just had to force in any driver coming from Japan even if he is slow and/or dangerous. Montagny did a decent job after Ide forfeited his license, so it's really unfair for him to be replaced with a less capable driver.

As for the best rookie, it has to be Kubica. He really made his mark in only a few races, including a podium. I'm normally skeptic with regard to rookies, but this guy is really impressive - not a bad substitute to Villeneuve at all. Rosberg is also very capable, but his occasionally snubbish, disrespectful demeanor won't bring him to new heights if he continues on like that. He can't bank on Daddy O's name forever. What I didn't particularly like was his hopeless blocking of Montoya in Canada. Of all people not to let past - big, rude mistake. Speed comes in third not performing as optimally as expected, but I believe he can unleash his true form next year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Who is your BEST F1 ROOKIE in 2006?