New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Siyempre you're entitled to your own opinions naman. Limot ko na trail rankings pero yung ginagamit nila is obviously nasa A-B 1-2 palang, eh. That wouldn't really maximize the potential of a three-locker vehicle, wouldn't it? Kayang kaya pa iyan ng ABS/throttle based torque retardation.

Nakita ko na rin naman ang G-class, ha. Meron yung kapitbahay ko. Kaso SWB and lever operated ang lockers. hehehe. Diesel nga pala yun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Litespeed
    Hers' my take on X5 and ML...

1) It was rated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety the best SUV ever tested. and if you go now and compare it with the benz, you'll see that it is rated higher.
    2) It is THE BEST HANDLING SUV in the world and no one can claim nothing but that. Handles far better than the ML

3) The X5 looks sporty and masculine while the ML looks like a family minivan

4) You get 19 inch wheels on the X while you get 16 or 17 on the ML.

Do I have to say it again that the ML looks like a MINIVAN !! I don't know how people can choose it over the X5.

I will probably choose Acura MDX over ML320 or RX300 (which appeals more to a women drivers as surveyed.

Cheers.
    The optional external spare tire carrier of the ML looks stoopid, too. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First of all... PEACE!

Yup yup yup!

I say : TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!!!!!

I guess Sir Otep and Myself are on the same page as to what we want in an SUV. Kasi po, we live in the reality called METRO MANILA where you dont really need to go offroad to go offroad :lol: Everywhere is OFFROAD! :lol: If you want low profile wheels here well thats your trip. SUV SAV SUT whatever...... As far as i know, The LTO only has the SUV classification, as SAV is only a BMW marketing word.

Basta ako, I need a real SUV that can take me to work, parties and to our farm which in the rainy season, liquefies to 6 inch deep MUDD!!!! An X5, ML, CRV, RAV4 would sink in SECONDS without any hope of getting out sans a winch! Our RAV sank, Our Terrano and my Pajero didnt I could already forsee my next car.... a GR PATROL DIESEL!!!

Sir Otep: i teach a plethora of computer subjects I used to be a Network Engr for a very big cell company. But i got tired of all that and im quite content with my current "no pressure" job :D

Nakakatuwa yung Merc G class no? Tibay talaga construction. Yung mga fenders designed para apakan! Something na imposible atang gawin sa auto natin w/o damage

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    G-wagen pa rin ako..:P

to each his own...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oy guys... take note lang ha..... there were G's entered in the Paris-Dakar-Granada rallye..... talo sa PAJERO!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

But of course privateers lang po yan at hindi factory supported.

No offense to anyone but i dont rely on other people or magazines to make my decisions for me. I ACTUALLY go offroad quite often and i personally know what counts and what doesnt outside of your comfy roads. again peace :D

meanwhile... enjoy these G pics from

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Canyon/7028/Photogallery2.htm

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to each his own talaga.

i'd get a volvo v70 XC over the x5 or ML.

i view it as a true "no nonsense" vehicle. i view all volvos the same way. and mas sulit para sa price nya kesa sa x5.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid,

Even the bumpers were designed to be stood on. You can even use them as jacking/towing points. Way cool!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Hear Hear!!!

Oh, and you shun solid axles because theyre not smooth on the road? oh boy...BUY A FRIGGIN CAMRY!!!!!!!! :D
    pajerokid,
    First of all, the article was from Edmunds.com and not from a mag. Secondly, I don't shun solid axles. OTEP knows that the 2 most offroad capable monsters has independent suspensions (Tanks and Hummers, heck even the offroad-respected Jeep Liberty has them). No IFS nor BUTS about it. Now would your pajero stack it up against any of them? I think not!!!

Joel,
    I am a practical person. I value safety above anything else as a family man. The thing I noticed about OTEP and the other offroading community (from kotse) was that they are NOT practical (unlike me) and they really love what they do. I respect that and have come to live with it. I can't please anyone but I try to impart info I have come up accross once in a while and with the short time that I have known them, "buying a car that suits your need" becomes clear. Now unlike OTEP, I can only test drive the cars I am considering to buy. Test drives gives me a lot of feed back but net information (specially on the the vehicle's safety tests and reliability thru TSB and recall infos) plus those car and truck mags (for real world test driving impressions) do help a lot. This is why I understand your point about info credibility. To be fair naman with OTEP, this guy really knows what he's talking about and he's earned the respect of local offroaders.

PS
    I do agree with Edmunds though that the range rover is a more practical buy than the MB G-Class :P

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Macky,

Ikaw ba 'yung nasa avatar mo? :D

Pwede namang hindi puro capital ang name ko. Ahehehehe. Wala lang.

Yep, I'm not practical. I remember the days when I used to drive a 72 bhp Pajero. Pucha ang bagal! Hehehe. Pero at least 4WD. Then came the time I exchanged my Benz for a 12-seater Kia. How fun was that? :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OTEP,
    Babalik na ako sa MDX kaya ibinalik ko yung luma kong avatar. Nag-DP na ako for a 2003 at sana naman before the year ends, makuha ko na. Di na kasi ako makatulog sa sobrang excited ko :mrgreen:

As I alway say: Different strokes for different folks :wink:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Who says X5 doesn't go offroad?