New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    I agree with Theveed. F1 is loosing its fanbase.
    I think that's a subjective observation. In fact, this 2005 season is the longest season in F1. Many other cities are bidding to be included in the F1 season schedule, including Moscow (Midland F1 is from Russia) and South Africa. They even plan 2 GP races in the Middle East aside from Bahrain. They are even trying to reduce the series venues because the drivers are too stressed already.

Take the United States F1 GP for example also. Even after the gigantic fiasco that took place this year, Indianapolis has confirmed that the F1 United States GP in 2006 will proceed as scheduled and will not be dropped as a result of continued patronage despite the incident that took place this year.

There are also emerging fanbase like China, where people are starting to get into the hype of F1 compared to all other motor sports there.

I guess the "loosing fanbase" you are referring to are the "oldies" and the "racing purists" that have become very meticulous on how motor sports should be run. I may have to agree with you on that.

Where in F1 do you see a driver hitting a hairpin turn only to see a 10 foot drop in front of him after he hits the turn? Now that's racing.
    I know what you have in mind. Unfortunately, you used a wrong example. We can't do that on an F1, can we?
    Last edited by BoyFerrari; October 18th, 2005 at 03:22 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    F1 can be raced without drivers, i dont get why they pay the drivers so much when it's the engineers that makes or breaks the season.
    Excuse me? But with all due respect, last time I checked, they haven't invented self-driving cars yet.

And I cant even fathom what my reply to what you said about "engineers
    that make or break a season". The fact is Montoya had arguably the best car
    of the season and still look what happened to him?

(and yes I know people will say it was an accident, but Kimi saw the drain
    cover and avoided it, so how come Montoya didnt?)

Also to the M. Schumacher fans here, excuse me but I know he was the world
    champion like 5 times in a row, but Alonso's and Kimi's worst season could not
    really compare to M. Schumacher performance in Shanghai. I mean guys
    c'mon, spinning during a safety car period? Even Tiago Monteiro didnt commit
    that kind of a blunder not to mention bumping to Albers during the warm-up
    lap.

I never really watched F1 when Michael was winning precisely because
    of what you guys said it was "boooorrrriinng...", Now Alonso comes along
    and breaks the doldrums and still hes being bashed. Queso Kimi should
    have won because he was the better driver, C'mon give the guy a break.
    When all is said and done, when it mattered most, Kimi and Mclaren didnt step
    up to the plate and they lost fair and square so I would say ...

1. Enough of the sour-graping.
    2. And "Schumacher who??"

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I know what you have in mind. Unfortunately, you used a wrong example. We can't do that on an F1, can we?
    I was comparing F1 races with WRC races. But I agree with you: there are a number of things that a WRC can do that a F1 car can't do.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff1101
    Also to the M. Schumacher fans here, excuse me but I know he was the world champion like 5 times in a row, but Alonso's and Kimi's worst season could not really compare to M. Schumacher performance in Shanghai. I mean guys c'mon, spinning during a safety car period? Even Tiago Monteiro didnt commit that kind of a blunder not to mention bumping to Albers during the warm-up lap.

I never really watched F1 when Michael was winning precisely because
    of what you guys said it was "boooorrrriinng..."

1. Enough of the sour-graping.
    2. And "Schumacher who??"
    You are the only one glorifying Michael Schumacher here. What's the fuzz? Schumi's season has ended a long time ago this summer so I'm not sure who are you trying to exchange barbs with.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    You are the only one glorifying Michael Schumacher here. What's the fuzz? Schumi's season has ended a long time ago this summer so I'm not sure who are you trying to exchange barbs with
    I'm sorry if I come across as combative but Its just that I've havent been
    this excited in F1 for a llllooooonnnngggg time.

And Im sorry if you think Im glorifying Michael Schumacher here ... because
    Im not...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....NASCAR na lang kayo! no driver skills needed, only b*lls to go neck on neck at 200mph for 200 laps! wala lang, just trippin on this new sports cable channel (sportsplus).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yeah Ive been watching that too. Didnt even realized the last guy who won
    was the husband of Ashley Judd until they interviewed her.

Theres also the IndyCar race on the same channel. I thinks its the same
    track but the cars are open wheel type resembling Formula 1 cars. (albeit
    ugly formula 1 cars...)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was comparing F1 races with WRC races. But I agree with you: there are a number of things that a WRC can do that a F1 car can't do.
    for a second i thought you were talking about Laguna Seca. anyway, widen the tracks for WRC and make the racing head-to-head and we'll be in good shape!!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Isuzoom said
    Renault is Nissan, Nissan is Renault
    I say...
    Ferrari is Fiat, Fiat is Ferrari haha

nuff said...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We Are The Champions - V10 version: http://www.renaultf1.com/en/season/c...ws=tcm:3-41651

It's on the panel on the right-hand side. Who says engineers are boring :D

Alam nyo bakit popular ang WRC? Kasi we have a fighting chance of owning and driving a car very similar to what they use hehehe. Halata talaga ang driver skill. Luck also plays a big part. And maganda ang presentation ng AXN.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Whatever you guys might say, fact is Renault is the new champion!