New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I have a feeling, LH will be this season's champion.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    [SIZE="6"]"I think it's a mistake to have two cars of the same status in the same team," said Prost. [/SIZE]
    hmmm.... on the technical side, what does he mean by this?

should the number 1 driver get a better, slightly stronger car than the number 2 driver, is that what it means?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I have a feeling, LH will be this season's champion.
    If that's the case, are we witnessing a history in-the-making?

3001:thud:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003

1989 "Dream Team" turned nightmare at Suzuka. Both World Champion Drivers were given equal status. The dramatic end to the 1989 World Championship. Ayrton Senna dived for a gap that may or may not have been there coming into the chicane before the pit straight, and Alain Prost closed the door hard. The cars collided and slid across the chicane. Marshalls are desperately trying to separate the cars. With both cars out, Prost would be World Champion. Prost abandoned his car, but Senna was push started and drove across the chicane, quickly catching and passing new leader Alessandro Nannini. It was all to no avail, as cutting the chicane when he restarted ultimately earning him a disqualification.

1986 Williams gave equal status to both their drivers (Nigel Mansell and Nelson Piquet). Both drivers stole points from each other which allowed Alain Prost to catch up with both of them. The last race of the 1986 season beckoned with a 3-way fight for the Drivers Championship. Nigel Mansell (Williams Honda) on 70 (72)* points, Nelson Piquet (Williams Honda) 63 points and Alain Prost (McLaren TAG-Porsche) 63 (65)* points. Mansell needs only to finish third to clinch the Drivers Championship while Piquet and Prost need to win and have Mansell finish fourth or worse. But Prost did not just win the championship with one great drive, his whole 1986 season was superb, He notched 3 other wins 4 second places and 3 third places plus two sixth's which did not count toward his point score. All this in a car inferior to the dominant Williams Hondas.

Now guess why Ferrari asked Rubens to pull over for Schumi...
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 20th, 2007 at 08:16 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i like this new era of F1. more competitive and more dramatic

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    As it goes, there is no success without failure. atleast these mistakes happend in the past and can now be mitigated in the future. I'm sure RD won't take such risks, giving two drivers equal resources to battle it out for the win. he'll probably control the two drivers if needed to maximise points and bring home their cars home safe for the last lap.

looking at LH and FA, they both seem to be professional enough to race hard and at the same time look out for the best interest of the team.

just my opinion guys

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I see Prost's sentiments seem to echo my own... although I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup... sounds a lot like Prost-Senna...
    Fernando Alonso may whine when things aren't going his way, but he's no Senna or Schumacher. He's not an aggressive driver, and he knows how to be patient... so there's not much chance of him taking Hamilton out of a race. Lewis, on the other hand... knows he's the junior driver, so whether or not he turns into a cocky little monster, he'll still play nice this season.

The "equal car" status is a valid observation, but not for this team. In Formula One, teams often have to gamble on which car to attach their best mechanics and engineers, or to spend more development on. Do they develop the car to suit Driver A's style? Or Driver B? This was Montoya's frustration in McLaren before, as he got relegated to Driver B status. Same with Fisichella... but of course, even without Alonso hanging over his head, Fisi still doesn't seem championship material.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So... anyone still think Ron Dennis is sandbagging Lewis?
    What I meant by this is all the brouhaha over the "rigged" race at Monte Carlo, where Hamilton fans thought Ron Dennis was giving him the short end of the stick.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oist niki bakit kausap mo sarili mo

nahawa ka na yata sa mga francswiss spammers ah :evillaugh

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oops... got lazy with the quotes function. For the first part, I was referring to the article posted by Monseratto, for th second part, I was referring to this:

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    IMO, RD is not sandbagging in favor of LH because during the first pitstop, the cars came in one after the other. Also, FA's first pit is about a second faster than LH's 8.x sec.... My simple mind reads it that way....

3001:thud:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Funny how, now the pendulum has swung the other way.
    Anyway I have been criticizing the Ferrari team in the past for favouring M Schumacher against its other drivers so it would be hypocritical if I criticize Mclaren for any perceived bias either way.

I say let the best driver win even if its against your own team mate. If Hamilton is allowed to block Alonso even when Alonso was faster, then so be it. As long they dont take each other out in the process.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
U.S. Indianapolis Grand Prix 2007