New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    TRP will be conducting an Introductory Karting Clinic in Carmona this Saturday, Oct. 19, 2002.

Tuition fee is 3,500 Php

for more info contact Tuason Racing Project at 5312962 fax. 5354769

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... I didn't get a certificate before (June 2000 yata)...

In the short course (the one where you have to turn right immediately after turn 6, and enter the main straight from about halfway), my time was a lousy 40.5 seconds during the class session.

Still with a rental kart, my best time there now is 38.4. For the full course, my rental kart time was 53 seconds (nothing to write home about), and in a race kart of a friend of mine, I did 50.5 seconds (still nothing to write home about). Well, I'm 180 pounds (but going down to about 160 sana by Christmas), so that didn't help laptimes any either.

Anyway, JP is a good teacher, and this class is definitely worthwhile, for those thinking about it.

--Alf

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alf, what are the times that are relatively fast for the layout you're talking about? i thought a 40 sec lap time was good enough (i dunno...never tried it yet).

im planning to go to carmona on saturday and have a talk with jp, a friend of mine is interested in joining the ATMC....do you have plans to race this december??

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the short layout, 37 seconds or so is fast.

As for racing, I have no plans because I have no kart of my own anyway. JP says you can "arrive and drive" with their kart for about P22,000 or so. Still too much moolah than I can afford.

--Alf

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by logbook
    TRP will be conducting an Introductory Karting Clinic in Carmona this Saturday, Oct. 19, 2002.

Tuition fee is 3,500 Php

for more info contact Tuason Racing Project at 5312932
    I tried the number pero hindi yun yung TRP. Does anybody have the correct telephone no.? Salamat po.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sori sir altis.... its 5312962 pala. fax is 5354769 or email at trpteam*yahoo.com

if they answer as "paint works" sila din yun.

alf...according to jp doing 50's on the long track will most likely get you into the top half. 49's will make you the winner daw.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I drove Victor Yap's kart back then when I timed 50.5. He was the champion for the FSL heavy, and indeed, he was timing 49.2, or more than one second faster than me.

At that time, one of the mid-runners/back runners was Van Dolph (before his accident). On that particular day, he was running 51s, so I was about half a second faster than he was.

If JP says that I could be one of the front runners, well, all I can say is that I took lessons from him! So indeed if I ever I join and then make decent finishes, then it's a reflection of how good a teacher he was.

Of course, doing one hotlap is different from doing it consistently (I don't know how consistent I can be). And even then, it's still very different from having racecraft and racing side by side, with all the pressure and all that. I have no experience in racing, and in dealing with butterflies yet... we'll see if and when the time comes.

--Alf

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys im selling my TopKart with kt engine for 60th.baka may interested kasi it's much cheaper to buy a kart kesa mag arrive and drive ka.thanks.:D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    happy, post mo ulit to sa "the car exchange" so that more people will get a chance to see it :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
TRP karting clinic