New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm inviting everyone who has an itch to go fast to join the next Touge Battle.

Lots of bone-stock daily-driven cars:

And then of course there's this 20-year old Civic LXi that laps faster than B16 SiRs, BRZs, and WRXs:

It's not as stressful to the tires - I hardly had any tire wear. It's a bit hard on the brakes but only if you do consecutive runs (which only happens in the semis onwards), though my stock brakes survived and are now back to normal.

Best of all, you get to spend an entire day talking to real people who actually know a lot about cars instead of dealing with online trolls. 😉

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How much did it cost for your whole conversion?

Upon further reading, I don't think the 1.8 and RS have the same CVT. Too many differences - aside from the L mode, the RS' CVT can be brake-torqued at 3000 rpm (2000 only for the 1.8), plus the RS is designed to have fake shifts while the 1.8 just drones at 6000 rpm.

The new M3 paddles were almost $50. The harness less than $30. Had I opted the stock steering route, the kit would've been north of $200. Fortunately, the parts search, research, patience, faith & prayers paid off. I owe this mod to a coupla OCD tinkering buddies.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I'm inviting everyone who has an itch to go fast to join the next Touge Battle.

Lots of bone-stock daily-driven cars:

And then of course there's this 20-year old Civic LXi that laps faster than B16 SiRs, BRZs, and WRXs:

It's not as stressful to the tires - I hardly had any tire wear. It's a bit hard on the brakes but only if you do consecutive runs (which only happens in the semis onwards), though my stock brakes survived and are now back to normal.

Best of all, you get to spend an entire day talking to real people who actually know a lot about cars instead of dealing with online trolls.

So true....oh, a simple brake duct mod or proper pad upgrade can help those brakes, jut sir.

& Oh, your buddy Jeff, the Ring King, sends his best. His car looks pretty clean, too. Amazing what OVT did to this lowly hobo 1.5. He even outdid some of the 2.0s, right?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    So true....oh, a simple brake duct mod or proper pad upgrade can help those brakes, jut sir.

& Oh, your buddy Jeff, the Ring King, sends his best. His car looks pretty clean, too. Amazing what OVT did to this lowly hobo 1.5. He even outdid some of the 2.0s, right?
    The 2.0 was also OVT tuned, with matching OVT stickers to go with the camo paint. It's more the driver than the car if you ask me since the other 1.5 was just as fast as the 2.0. Much cleaner and tighter lines around the track for Jeff vs the other Mazda 3s that were there.

I thought it was Arjo you were referring to as the Ring King haha.

Last edited by _Cathy_; August 10th, 2017 at 11:47 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    The 2.0 was also OVT tuned, with matching OVT stickers to go with the camo paint. It's more the driver than the car if you ask me since the other 1.5 was just as fast as the 2.0. Much cleaner and tighter lines around the track for Jeff vs the other Mazda 3s that were there.

I thought it was Arjo you were referring to as the Ring King haha.

Haha...Arjo is the star...****star.
    Oh yes, driver matters more. OVT does custom tunes down to the fuel you prefer & where the power & pull appear ....Knowing Jeff, he must've been overly specific w/ what he wanted. Many of the OVTd opt for balance tunes w/ FC factored in. Some even go more on FC than ponies. I'm not really surprised w/ the results.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 10th, 2017 at 11:48 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Another round of fun soon. Try to join, guys!!!!!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Round6 Teaser is out!!!!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Round6 announced!!!! The closed SIR!!!! Have fun, guys!!!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Final round concluded!!!! Grats to all who joined & to our very own jut703 who made the podium!!! Please share official results & thrill-filled stories here.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No more rounds this year?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
TougeBattle Round5 Results(7/29/17)