New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kimpoy,
    oo nga e! di na fan ngayn tunay na.... ha ha ha
    Craw,
    di ko kinuha yun dati na modified medyo mahal 585 wlang tawad, ang nakuha ko 2000 model hilux sr5 12tkm lang all stock lady driven matagtag daw kaya binenta sa akin for 750t:D

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my dad owns an M151 MUTT and i've learned to drive standard vehicles using that MUTT jeep and that started my obsession and compulsion with offroading...i was 15 years old at that time..

peace out

cale

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    our provincial road used to be the one of the worst unpaved road in luzon. even buses and trucks can get stuck into the mud and landslides during rainy season, and if u travel using ur own vehicle, a 4x4 is a must.

Our first 4x4 was the military jeep M30 (i missed our old rig) 3Speed only but it can get you anywhere as long as it has a land. We usually towed lifted owner jeeps, locally made 4x4 Jeep wranglers by MDJeepstar (i think) and even a Mitsubishi Canter light truck (no load at that time) during our travel to our province. Usually stuck at knee deep mud I cannot even imagine towing a vehicle. But as my Dad says, We have to try, otherwise we are going to sleep in here in the middle of nowhere.

Im a 4x4 fan eversince... I was just a kid at that time... and what an influence that machine gave into me...8)8)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cale,

The Ford MUTT is nice! I had a scale model of this once.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Speed
    our provincial road used to be the one of the worst unpaved road in luzon. even buses and trucks can get stuck into the mud and landslides during rainy season, and if u travel using ur own vehicle, a 4x4 is a must.

Our first 4x4 was the military jeep M30 (i missed our old rig) 3Speed only but it can get you anywhere as long as it has a land. We usually towed lifted owner jeeps, locally made 4x4 Jeep wranglers by MDJeepstar (i think) and even a Mitsubishi Canter light truck (no load at that time) during our travel to our province. Usually stuck at knee deep mud I cannot even imagine towing a vehicle. But as my Dad says, We have to try, otherwise we are going to sleep in here in the middle of nowhere.

Im a 4x4 fan eversince... I was just a kid at that time... and what an influence that machine gave into me...8)8)
    interesting!!
    where is that place? Samar?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pajerokid,
    yeah, that's one hell of a ride. MUTT was i guess manufactured by 4 companies, Ford,Willys,Kaiser and AM general. we have the M151A2 MUTT made by kaiser. lately my we also acquired an M998 HMMWV...its nice that you have a scale model of that jeep made by ford, those were the M151A1. well if you're interested in having a scale model for M998 HMMWV (humvee) let me know and maybe i can give you one...

peace out

cale

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cale
    Pajerokid,
    yeah, that's one hell of a ride. MUTT was i guess manufactured by 4 companies, Ford,Willys,Kaiser and AM general. we have the M151A2 MUTT made by kaiser. lately my we also acquired an M998 HMMWV...its nice that you have a scale model of that jeep made by ford, those were the M151A1. well if you're interested in having a scale model for M998 HMMWV (humvee) let me know and maybe i can give you one...

peace out

cale
    Cale,
    pag scale model ba made of metal? sorry for the ignorance.
    im looking for a Land Rover Defender scale model.
    by the way, i have pictures of mutt if you are interested.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Olive Drab,
    Yeah they are made of die cast metal and some aluminum and hard plastics, ok i'll try to find you a land rover defender scale model, just keep track this thread and i'll let you know maybe by monday, what's the picture sizes of your posters/pictures of the MUTT..that would be great if you have...why not....thanks
    peace out dude...
    Cale

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cale::: Whoooa!!! you have a humvee???!!! Now thats way better than the MUTT!!! Thanks for the offer on the scale model dude! Unfortunately im not much into that stuff any more :D Post pics of your rides so we could all gape at it with utter envy :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pajero Kid
    yeah its a 1987 M998 HMMWV 4 seater, we acquired that late last year before my family went home for a month vacation there in the Philippines. we are on the process of changing changing the 8 glow plugs and a defective Advanced protective control box...that's the main problme of M998 the original APCB's toast the glow plugs if heated for more 9 seconds its doesn't sense it to the point of making the glowplug tip like a mushroom head, that's the glitch. we also remove the fording kits, the ride is bumpy, V8 waterproof diesel engine. you know since the board changed i dont know how to upload some pics...so can you please teach or guide me....thanks i would appreciate if you can email me at npb7200ae*aol.com or vtekluder00*aol.com
    thanks
    peace out

cale

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Tanong lang po sa mga off-roaders