New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Schumacher ready to attack

World champion prepares to fight back at Sakhir

Michael Schumacher will be relying on the new Ferrari F2005 to get his championship defence back on track in Bahrain this weekend. Schumacher lies a lowly 11th in the standings after the opening two races and trails leader Fernando Alonso by 14 points.

However, with technical director Ross Brawn suggesting the new Ferrari should be half a second to a second a lap faster than its predecessor, Schumacher hopes to be very much back on the pace at the demanding Sakhir circuit.

“It goes without saying that I'm excited and very much looking forward to this premiere," said the German, who only tested the F2005 for the first time last week and then took the unusual step of personally shaking down the two chassis to be used in Bahrain, a routine task normally carried out by test drivers.

"We were highly focused on our work all week and were able to collect lots of important data,” he added. “Therefore, we now have some very good and very up-to-date information that we can carefully analyze."

Schumacher took pole position and victory in last year’s inaugural Bahrain Grand Prix, but the champion knows he will have his work cut out if he is to repeat that feat this weekend, even with the new car.

"After having been there for the first time last year, we all know what to expect at that circuit," he said. "It will most likely not be an easy race for us, but then again, most races aren't easy. I'm happy to take on the challenge."

Schumacher is already facing his toughest title defence since 2003, when he lost the first three grands prix of the season. That year he scored eight points from the opening two races, whereas this season he has taken just two

Source: http://www.formula1.com/race/news/2764/734.html

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Good luck to Schumi. He is one of the best, or arguablly THE best, F1 driver but hey man, what else does he have left to prove? But you gotta admire the hunger, the drive and the competitiveness of that guy. I just wish Barichelo becomes more consistent with his driving.

Who would take home the overall moolah this season? My heart is with Ferrar but I want either Renault or BAR to win this season.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    .5 to 1 sec is an eternity to f1 racing

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the last race (Malaysian GP), I think Ferrari's main problem was their selection of tires. The Bridgestones simply wear out too quickly on tracks with higher temperatures. It results in compromised handling which was made evident when Rubens Barichello retired from the Malaysian GP race due to the poor handling of his car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO... the new F2005 might be already engineered to compensate for the new one-tire set regulation. I guess that the suspension & aero have been extensively reworked to put less stress on the tires.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also note that F2004 was rigged to comply with the new rules
    parang may khaos yata he..he

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The single-tyre rule favors Michelins, as they tend to wear out less easily than the Bridgestones. The rushed F2005 driven by Michael in Bahrain showed great pace against Alonso's Renault, but the car may have had less fuel on board. A reliable version in Imola might just give Schumacher the win again (groan). Ferrari are very good in that circuit for so many a year already, so expect at least a podium from the scarlet team.

Schumacher ready to attack with the Ferrar F2005