New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Minsan talaga importante ang long travel suspension. Hindi lang sa off-roading. hehehe. LC80 at Safari ang hirap ipag-tirelift. As proven by Jan and Jon on the urban off-roading scene.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Lalo na safari ko. wala nang anti-roll bars. kaya magtanggalan na ng roll bars. lalo na mga IFS boys!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sobrang liko yan tapos sobrang tapak.

kung naipit ako sa ganyan dahan dahan lang tapos direcho ko gulong sa harap.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    In my opinion it is a combination of the absence of load on the rear and driving technique. In situations where there is limited traction, the best way is to have some momentum. If the driver were moving forward just a little and he was gentle on the accelerator, he may have been more succesful. The same holds true for offroad situations where you want some amount of momentum so you can sustain forward motion.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    momentum... yes... except for that bit at the parking entrance where you get the card thingy. can't get no momentum there...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AUVS, pickups, vans have leafsprings in the rear. They are really designed to carry a load up to 1000kilos. SInce their is no sufficient weight in the rear the tires will slip kapag nawala ang buelo. I had a similar problem with our L200 noong paakyat kami ng basement parking sa condo. Pinaupo ko ung guard sa likod and we began moving.

Accelerating it hard will be futile. Dapat tinatap ang gas (in my experience) kasi once the tires slip wala nang traction yon. dapat release mo yung gas pedal and try and try until you get traction. Pag wala kailangan talaga go back to a flat surface and bilisan ang pagakyat or dapat may uupo sa likod or bawasan mo tire pressure minsan pag mataas wala kagad kapit.

Even in flat surfaces L200 namin experiences tire slip kapag basa especially in gas stations and sa Festival mall near old manila cafe.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    why don't you try a tire with a different tread pattern or a different compound

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    common to sa mga pick-ups, because of the light rear load on the tires. happened to me when we where in Cebu, we went to TOP and nearing the place there was this old tamaraw going up backwards ala front wheel drive effect. so had to stop in front of the house of Osmena siguro, it is one of the tallest part of the road, yun had to shift to 4L because the rear tires just slipped even with LSD na. tires were General Grabber AT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
RWD can't get up a wet paved road from a standstill?