New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    well at least we can use mustang II parts for restomod projects...and yes the 71-73 here seems to not have much of a following either. Though they did have some hi po ones...at 2M the GT would definitely be a steal. compared to the teutonic offerings

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I think 2 things make an icon:

1.) Design that appeals not just to a beholder but to several... a balance of proportions... to borrow your example, notice how the Mustang's flanks seem to be sculpted to just the right amount of curvacity while the Cougar is just flat... Hmm, parang nag-describe ako ng babae...

2.) Some modicum of performance to go with the design... very very few want a 6-cyl Mustang, it's always the V8s. 427 Cobras go for 2x-3x the price of 289s.

My choice? American Muscle (halata bang Martial Law baby? )

If it was gonna be just one car: '70 Dodge Challenger R/T 426 Hemi on AR Torque Thrusts... IMHO, the Charger R/T looks like a truck next to this baby...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd take a Euro car. all of the manufacturers mentioned are capable of building cars with stellar performance, but for me the Euros can do it while offering luxury and sublime high-speed handling at the same time.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Japs 90s era sportscar/high performance car...

NSX, Supra, GTO nee 3000GT VR4, Galant 6G VR4, EVOs, Impreza STis, 300ZX, Skyline, Integra TypeR, Celica GT, Civic TypeR, RX7, Miata MX5 etc

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm not really a fan of American Muscle... I'm more leaned towards breakthroughs and amazing technology.

So I want a Nissan Skyline GT-R, or a Ferrari F430.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pwede ba Philippine-made?

Sarao jeepney with Isuzu 4BA1 engine, tapos outfitted with Khaos Super Turbo Charger!

Nyahahahaha!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kungstraight lang, nobody can beat good old american muscle cars but if speed sa winding roads, definitely euro racres will win hands down. jap rice cars are sleepers, you wont know what hit hit you.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Guys this weekend, the Audi R10 just won the le mans 24 hours on a DIESEL ENGINE! the first ever to be used at Le Mans. It beat American and Japanese cars hands down with out of the box thinking...diba we all have our perception of diesel?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't. I love new diesels.

For me, it doesn't matter where the car is from, as long as it handles well. And a lot of nameplates are misleading... The Mini isn't a brit, it's German... and so is the Focus. What about those "Japanese" cars that were designed by the American arms of their companies for the US market? Or designed for the European market?

Me, I'd love to have a German-engineered, American-branded Ford Focus RS or Ford Sierra Cosworth, but I'm good with my Japanese-designed, American-tuned, Philippine-built and American-branded Ford Lynx RS... I'm no brand snob, though, I'd love to get my hands on the new Civic Si, or the "new" Mustang, which is an American car based on a British-American Lincoln LS - Jaguar S-Type platform and which supposedly actually handles well, despite being a muscle car.

But I've got to give it to the Bavarian boys and the Brits... the M3 and Elise are on my list of "must-drive-before-I-die" cars.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ummm... I'd like the legend, aka "GODZILLA", GTR ano pa... when it comes to tuneability, a jap supercar can go up with sudden high numbers with just a bolt on of a few "plug n' play" gadgets...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Rice Rocket vs. Detroit Muscle vs. Euro Racer vs...Who rules? Cast your vote