New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    The "Mustang" like the Corvette is an automotive icon... then and now.
    It is good to see you are solid in your belief...what defines an icon? a timeless one at that?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    that elusive x factor? like a cougar vs a mustang. while positioned in marketing terms as more luxurious than the more common mustang the cougar is doomed to live it the stang's shadow...even all the dyno don versions and XR7s pale in comparison to what was once their lower end stablemates...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Are the mustangs the new 55-57 chevys? The ones they hotrodded before? now mustangs are used for restomod projects? Hotrod by another name?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Top Fuel ako...Pero kung sa street legal Muscle Cars na lang..

jap rice, euro racer, american muscle.....pa-o.t. lang:

what if korean cars entered the scene, anu kaya naman sila:

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Kimchi Rice :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite
    Are the mustangs the new 55-57 chevys?
    In a way yes, similar to the 55-57 Chevy Belairs... The original 1965-73 Mustangs were the cars that got the formula right and became instant classics, even today these cars are still popular. Now that Ford has returned the Mustang to its classic Mustangs roots, and as predicted, the all-new Mustang became a hit.

Think 50's most would think of a '57 Belair,

think 60's most would think of a Mustang, not unless one is a GM fanatic.
    Last edited by AG4; June 16th, 2006 at 07:47 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4

Think 50's most would think of a '57 Belair, think 60's most would think of a Mustang, not unless one is a GM fanatic.

Spot on...and as you pointed out 65 - 73 mustang...mustang II was a momentary lapse in judgement...unless there are some diehard mustang II fanatics out there...do they exist in the philippines? mustang II diehards I mean...farrah fawcett fans?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    and uso pa ba ang ford and chevy men of yore? or are people less inclined to be "loyalists?"

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Spot on...and as you pointed out 65 - 73 mustang...mustang II was a momentary lapse in judgement...unless there are some diehard mustang II fanatics out there...do they exist in the philippines? mustang II diehards I mean...farrah fawcett fans?
    I've seen a few Mustang II's on the road, but I haven't heard of a Mustang II fan... except maybe for the guy who restored the mid 70's Mustang II displayed at the recent car show.
    Most Mustangs I see here are from the 60's.
    Ford Philippines had plans to sell the all-new $25K Mustang GT here, but they had to put it on hold because Ford in the US couldn't handle the demand for their domestic market(priority).
    If they were to sell it here it would have probably been in the P2M area, not bad for a 300hp RWD car.

and uso pa ba ang ford and chevy men of yore? or are people less inclined to be "loyalists?"
    Not much... in the US its still hot, but now its gotten bigger Ford vs Chevy vs Toyota vs Honda etc....
    The cars to fight about are not sold here(at least at the moment)
    As for the classic cars... I see more Fords.
    Last edited by AG4; June 16th, 2006 at 08:07 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Rice Rocket vs. Detroit Muscle vs. Euro Racer vs...Who rules? Cast your vote