New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wish I was an oil sheik. I'll just buy Ferrari, Bugatti, and Lambourghini and have them build a custom car just for me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wish I was an oil sheik. I'll buy Ferrari, Bugatti, and Lambourghini and have them make a custom speedster just for me.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    find a genie and you may just make that wish come true...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite
    OT
    Oh if only I can find a young Barbara Eden (I Dream Of Jeanie) instead of that blue Disney cartoon genie......

I'm sure in real life, these sheiks probably had custom cars made for them.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    everyday driving (esp along highways)... Detroit Muscle / Euro Racer! Chrysler 300C Hemi, BMW M5, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, Ford GT, Mercedes-Benz S600

trackday... Jap Rice Rocket! Subaru WRX STi, Mazda Miata, Mitsubishi Evolution IX FQ400, Nissan Skyline GTR

cross-country / weekend getaway car... Euro Racer! Ferrari F430 Spyder, Mercedes-Benz AMG SLK55, Porsche 911 Turbo, BMW M3

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    everyday driving (esp along highways)... Detroit Muscle / Euro Racer! Chrysler 300C Hemi, BMW M5, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, Ford GT, Mercedes-Benz S600

trackday... Jap Rice Rocket! Subaru WRX STi, Mazda Miata, Mitsubishi Evolution IX FQ400, Nissan Skyline GTR

cross-country / weekend getaway car... Euro Racer! Ferrari F430 Spyder, Mercedes-Benz AMG SLK55, Porsche 911 Turbo, BMW M3
    Now the key would be to create that stable for the different occasions. Will really need a genie to grant more than just three wishes...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Rice Rocket vs. Detroit Muscle vs. Euro Racer vs...Who rules? Cast your vote
    Detroit muscle(2007 Shleby GT500, and an old '67 GT500 to go with it).

500hp, 0-60mph in less than 4.5 sec.

...followed closely by (the more fuel efficient) Porsche 911 Carrera S and BMW M3...
    of course there are some nice japanese turbo cars that I like, like the Impreza WRX STI and the Skyline, but they don't have the same spirit/soul as that of the Muscle cars and euro sports cars...
    Last edited by AG4; June 16th, 2006 at 04:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    of course there are some nice japanese turbo cars that I like, but they don't have the same spirit/soul as that of the Muscle cars and euro sports cars...
    But aren't some gaining a bit of cult status? Is it a long race heritage that give a car soul? something one may say banzai runners lack? Because the "spirit" of the car is in the badge, right. And nowadays we all know that the special marques are owned anyway by the big companies...
    in time will the rice rockets have soul? will they ever be tomorrow's classics? Mustangs after all were analogous to the toyotas and hondas of today during their time?

Now I can venture to say korean kars are totally devoid of soul...they are just hunks of metal...or would someone think otherwise? Are korean cars the japanese cars of yore?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mustangs after all were analogous to the toyotas and hondas of today during their time?
    The "Mustang" like the Corvette is an automotive icon... then and now.
    Last edited by AG4; June 16th, 2006 at 05:21 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

reminds me of the movie Bedazzled (2000) with Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley where she plays the devil giving a guy three wishes in exchange for his soul.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Rice Rocket vs. Detroit Muscle vs. Euro Racer vs...Who rules? Cast your vote