New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Link: http://www.formula1.com/race/news/4830/764.html

Interesting... now let's see how they fare in the Turkish GP.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    grabe pala yung advantage nyan damper sa kanila...

0.5 sec/lap yung nadadagdag sa pace nila...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    ouch! .5s is ALOT in F1....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's a big blow. Renault was noticeably struggling in the last race they ran without the dampers...

Now if only the FIA can do something about Ferrari's flexy wings...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i think ferrari already removed their flexi wings

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    tsk.tsk.tsk. renault have been running with these dampers since last season and the FIA is just banning them now? lakas talaga ng ferrari.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Too bad for Renault, I still would like to see the technical aspect of the CA's decision. They didnt mentioned exactly how the mass dampers broke the rules or how they came to this conclusion.

The reason for banning the mass dampers because it violates a FIA rule on any moveable object contributing to aerodynamic performance is rather vague. Its hard to imagine the dampers contributing to the "aerodynamic" performance of the car since the dampers are "inside" the nose cone and not "outside" where they can affect the air passing thru the car. (Hence the word "aerodynamics").

Heck for the same reason alone they should also move to make "shock absorbers" illegal since it is moving in an up and down motion and thus "damping" the cars vibrations when a car hits a kerb or road bump.

I tend to agree with Renaults view that mass dampers are an integral part of the suspension and should be treated as such. But thats just my opinion...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's a big blow. Renault was noticeably struggling in the last race they ran without the dampers...
    umm the last race they ran without the dampers is in hungary where the Renault was the fastest car. although may effect tlga ung dampers sa performance ng Renault (the dampers wouldnt be there if it didnt enhance the performance of the Renault), i dont think it would make such a difference.

mas importante pa rin ang tyre battle between Bridgestone and Michelin. sino mas magaling sa tyres, yun ang magpapanalo sa team.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Camshots taken behind FA in the Turkish GP qualifying showed that his car was not 'perfectly balanced', compared to Ferrari, without the mass dampers.

However, the race results painted a different story, i.e., it really doesn't matter for as long as you're in front...

Renault's Mass Dampers are Illegal