New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    mayabang din kasi si JPM. he thinks he's a great F1 driver, i don't think he can handle an F1 car that well.
    just my 2 cents

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    JPM is a great racer. Some say he's even better than Schumi. Although this is arguable, there should still be some basis behind that.

The problem was that he didn't land on the right team. In Williams, he got paid lower than his less-capable teammate. He also didn't get the right treatment such that he could have won the Driver's Title in 2003. In McLaren this year, I should say Kimi always got the better car. Qualifying consistently behind that guy isn't Montoya's thing at all.

Had he landed in Ferrari or at least been given #1 status, things should have gone right.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post

The problem was that he didn't land on the right team. In Williams, he got paid lower than his less-capable teammate. He also didn't get the right treatment such that he could have won the Driver's Title in 2003. In McLaren this year, I should say Kimi always got the better car. Qualifying consistently behind that guy isn't Montoya's thing at all.
    Kimi getting the better car, imo, i dont think so. The car keeps on breaking down even before Montoya joined the team. Apparently, Ferrari is the only team that gives #1 status to certain driver. Williams and Mclarens, I seriously doubt it. Coulthard and Hakkinen, were very competitive during their times as teammates. So were Senna and Prost.

I think Montoya has been asked to step down bec. he is making too many mistakes and clearly out-qualified by Kimi most of the time. Mclaren is also paying Montoya to hang up his helmet for the duration of this season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
reason why montoya [left] F1