New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mukhang di worried ang toyota sa injury ni ralf ah.
    ===============
    After months of rumour and speculation, Toyota today confirmed that it has signed a three-year contract with Ralf Schumacher to race with the team from the 2005 season.

"It is with pleasure that we can announce Ralf as one of Toyota's race drivers for the 2005 season," stated Toyota Racing Team Principal Tsutomu Tomita.

"He has proven himself to be an extremely quick racing driver in his career, and I am sure that his vast experience will be extremely beneficial to our team."

"We have not finalised who will partner Ralf in 2005, and this is something we are in no rush to decide on. We are happy with the job that Cristiano and Olivier are doing for us and both of them are under consideration for the remaining race seat next season."

"There are still eight races of the season to go and everyone at Toyota is fully focussed on improving our level of performance to gain as many championship points as we can."

Cristiano da Matta and Olivier Panis will continue to race for Toyota in the remaining events of the 2004 season with Ricardo Zonta as third driver and Ryan Briscoe as test driver.

The team will make a decision on the remaining race seat towards the end of the season. In the meantime, Toyota will not comment on any speculation or rumours surrounding the remaining race seat until all contractual issues have been finalised.

E.A.
    Source Toyota

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm... interesting... let's see how RM handles the Toyota...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Sana naman ngayon gumanda na ranking ng Toyota by 2005...:D

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    good thing they are on different team, let see kung paano nila i handle ang isat-isa.

coz there are instances na they race against each other as if they are not team-mates to the extent na muntik na sila mag banggaan.

i think next season will be a great fight for the F1 crown.

mazdamazda::ok ka na, how's ur car?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imo no great loss for bmw williams.

i've never been a great fan of ralf

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what would be the probable effect for Toyota in the coming season?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    great! now we'll see who's the better driver. hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another source of wasting money for toyota IMHO. (never been a fan or ralf)

they should get another driver though to partner ralf for next season. both panis and da matta don't seem to be improving the car with the team...

toyota, will all its resources better get a better position in the championship next year. sayang

Ralf Schumacher signs with Toyota!