New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Kimi Raikkonen is, at least according to rumours in the Indian GP paddock, on his way to Williams next season, having signed a deal.

Ever since he walked away from F1 at the end of the 2009 season, parting ways with Ferrari and failing to secure a return to McLaren, rumours have persisted saying the Finn will return.

The latest, which emerged in the week before the Singapore GP, claimed that he is in talks with Williams regarding next season and even visited their factory in Grove.

However, at the time, his manager Steve Robertson downplayed the visit.

"At the end of the day people know Kimi visited Williams, but there's nothing more to say apart from that," he told GPUpdate.net. "There is nothing more to report."

But, according to PlanetF1's man on the ground in India, Chetan Narula, rumours in the paddock say not only is Raikkonen in talks with Williams but the Finn has in fact already signed a contract to race for them next season.

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/1822...Williams-deal-

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hmm the jinx is back?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Williams has said they are holding off a decision until the end of the season. Still, signs look good, as Kimi would bring in a lot of money with him.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ And a lot of controversy and problems.

Such a talent but such personality rin talaga.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. The guy is awesomely fast, but he has such an attitude problem.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    End of the line Rubens...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    [SIZE=5] The Iceman Is Back! Kimi Joins Renault[/SIZE]

Official: Kimi returns to F1 with Renault

Former World Champion Kimi Raikkonen will return to Formula One in 2012 after signing a two-year contract with Lotus Renault GP.

The Finn was strongly linked with a move to Williams just a few week ago, but Renault have pounced for his signature after it was confirmed that Robert Kubica will miss the start of next season due to the injuries he sustained during a rallying accident earlier this year.

Raikkonen, who won the World title with Ferrari in 2007, left F1 at the end of the 2009 season to pursue a career in rallying but says his "hunger for F1 has recently become overwhelming".

"I'm delighted to be coming back to Formula 1 after a two-year break, and I'm grateful to Lotus Renault GP for offering me this opportunity," Raikkonen told the official Renault website.

"My time in the World Rally Championship has been a useful stage in my career as a driver, but I can't deny the fact that my hunger for F1 has recently become overwhelming.

"It was an easy choice to return with Lotus Renault GP as I have been impressed by the scope of the team's ambition. Now I'm looking forward to playing an important role in pushing the team to the very front of the grid."

Gerard Lopez, chairman of Genii Capital, feels Raikkonen will help them to be serious contenders in the future.

"All year long, we kept saying that our team was at the start of a brand new cycle," Lopez said.

"Backstage we've been working hard to build the foundations of a successful structure and to ensure that we would soon be able to fight at the highest level.

"Kimi's decision to come back to Formula 1 with us is the first step of several announcements which should turn us into an even more serious contender in the future. Of course, we are all looking forward to working with a World Champion. On behalf of our staff, I'd like to welcome Kimi to Enstone, a setting that has always been known for its human approach to Formula 1."

Renault, who will race as Lotus from 2012, are yet to confirm who will partner the Finn next year as Vitaly Petrov, Bruno Senna and Romain Grosjean are all in contention for the second race seat.

Raikkonen's return to F1 means there will six World Champions on the grid next year as the Finn will line up next to Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and Sebastian Vettel.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Crash time!!!

Where's the wall?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Nakahinga ng malalim sandali si RB.... :hysterical:

14.5K:higop:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Please enlighten me with the issues of kimi raikkonen hehe...di na ako updated....Balak ko subaybayan next season hehe....TIA!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
'Raikkonen has signed Williams deal'