New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The quickest FWD cars as tested by Car and Driver.

These Are the Quickest Front-Wheel-Drive Cars We’ve Ever Tested (So Far) | Flipbook | Car and Driver

Two of them you can buy locally.

VW Golf GTi
    Honda Civic Type R

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The quickest FWD cars as tested by Car and Driver.

These Are the Quickest Front-Wheel-Drive Cars We’ve Ever Tested (So Far) | Flipbook | Car and Driver

Two of them you can buy locally.

VW Golf GTi
    Honda Civic Type R
    Honda Accord Coupe? Well, you said that only two of those are available here. Those are really fast cars. I wonder what ECU Tuning can achieve?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Honda Accord Coupe? Well, you said that only two of those are available here. Those are really fast cars. I wonder what ECU Tuning can achieve?
    The 8th gen and 9th gen Accord Coupes are quite fast. However, they are not sold locally. There are a few though on our streets but they may be acquired thru gray market importers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Christie V-4 Engine 1909 Racer | Old Machine Press

By William Pearce

Front-wheel drive.
    V-4 1,237 cu in (20.3 L) engine.

Like the previous racers, the 1909 car had its four-cylinder engine mounted transversely between the front drive wheels. The engine’s crankcase housed the transmission and formed the vehicle’s front axle.
    For normal, high-speed front-wheel drive operation, each end of the crankshaft was coupled via disk clutches to a short drive shaft with universal joints at each end.

Race car driver Barney Oldfield and his crew by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for their record-setting run in 1916.

On 28 May 1916, Oldfield became the first person to exceed 100 mph (161 km/h) on the 2.5 mile (4.0 km) Indianapolis Motor Speedway track when he completed a lap in 87.7 seconds at 102.623 mph (165.156 km/h).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    I own the VW Golf GTi & yes I must say, it is indeed one of the fastest FWD cars.