New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When I got home, my mom announced to me that she saw this in TV Patrol World. According to her, some were from Protegetech (she saw the shirts & stickers).

QC cops round up 49 for illegal street racing

Operatives of the Central Police District rounded up 49 people suspected of engaging in illegal street racing along a stretch of Mindanao Avenue before dawn Saturday.

The operation was conducted after authorities received reports that the racers, mostly teenagers and young men, continued to use the avenue as their racetrack.

Officers from the CPD headquarters at Camp Karingal swooped down on the racers even before they got to hold an actual race.

Authorities accosted motorists who had cars fitting the typical description of "drag" racers: young drivers with a companion and aboard a "souped-up" (modified) vehicle.

Some of the suspects, officials said, immediately sped up when they saw the police cars approaching.

Those taken into custody were brought to Camp Karingal for investigation.

Each suspect will be fined up to P5,000 in fines before they can be released to retrieve their vehicles, officials said.

Previous incidents of illegal street racing have resulted in the death or injury of several participants and spectators.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, those who do street-race should be ready to face these consequences...

yun nga lang, i hope it doesn't lead to baseless arrests for drivers and vehicles that merely fit the 'typical description'.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    haaay..kakahiya

napanood ko rin..i saw a BIG windhshield sticker of PTP..tsk..naiinis ako..
    Last edited by caloyski5; March 12th, 2005 at 11:09 PM.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nakita ko pa sila nung friday night..bumili ako ng food sa 7-11..

ang gagaling nila!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    saw it on the news...parang puro civics w/ black hoods ung nakita ko

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5
    haaay..kakahiya
    gulat ako dun caloy nung sinabi sa akin (just right now!!!)

sabi nga ng mom ko... mukhang naman daw decent & professional-type yung mga na-arrest. hindi yung stereotypical na boy racer (adik-adik in her lingo).

pero ang question dun... paano yung mga spectator lang?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    heard in the interview na kahit spectator lang, huli din..so, if i were along mindanao ave and nagpagas sa shell e huhulihin na ako even though i didnt come there for the illegal drag race? medyo unfair naman ata yun..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    i just saw it kanina. Madami talaga nagdragrace diyan sa lugar na yan puro mayayabang pa hehe. Protegetech nga ang mga stickers sana walang tsikoteer

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksie
    i just saw it kanina. Madami talaga nagdragrace diyan sa lugar na yan puro mayayabang pa hehe. Protegetech nga ang mga stickers sana walang tsikoteer
    sad to say nga...meron member ng PTP ang nahuli.....nakakahiya nga talaga....
    Last edited by smokinmac; March 13th, 2005 at 12:15 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sure ba na racers? Baka naman lahat ng may 'mapormang' sasakyan ay hinuli. Anyways, wala naman sigurong Tsikoteer or DC.org dun sa mga iyon.

I do hope the government is sincere in its efforts to rid the Metro of street racers.

I especially hate the ones along Mindanao Ave. Sana maaksidente lahat ng karerista diyan. Mga bwiset. Pati ako hinahamon ng karera ng mga p*ta.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
QC cops round up 49 for illegal street racing