New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kakapanood ko lang ng replay kanina. though ung 250cc lang pinanood ko. malas ni stoner while on the lead nag crash. then nung last lap, hanep talag si pedrossa! nung last curve sa last lap niya kinuha ung lead kay porta(?). eventually making him the back to back 250cc champ for having a 51 points lead against stoner. though nakita ko na sa net na champ na si pedrossa. pero hindi ko alam kung pano niya ginawa un. hanep talaga ung last curve na un. tapos drag race na sila.

ang lakas din ng loob ni pedrossa na kahit alam niyang wala na sa race si stoner, kahit 2nd na lang pwede na kasi malaki pa rin lamang niya binigay niya pa rin lahat para don sa race na un. un ang race. kaya mas natutuwa ako bike racing kasi mas maraming overtake saka talagang todohan sa karera.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Really feel sad for Stoner on having to lose out on the championship that way. Anyway, Pedrosa deserves the crown still. And by the way, that's Porto. ;)

Pedrosa is also set to move to MotoGP, though I'm not yet certain which team. It will definitely be exciting to see a new rival to Rossi. I also hope Melandri can pose a serious threat to Valentino next year, before he sets out at F1.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05
    guys correct me if im wrong. the Superbike is liter bikes 1000cc or there abouts. Ang MotoGP is around 600 cc.
    both races are in the 1000cc class. 3 years back when the v engine was the norm, the limit is upto 550cc only.

Their main difference is that SBK bikes are production bikes, just what we could buy off the shelf, while motogp bikes are specialized bikes just like the F1 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by fLaKeZ
    So far, Rossi's prediction still holds true, Gibernau will not win another race after Turkey last year.
    yup! even when rossi crashed at suzuka, gibernau did'nt win!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart
    both races are in the 1000cc class. 3 years back when the v engine was the norm, the limit is upto 550cc only.

Their main difference is that SBK bikes are production bikes, just what we could buy off the shelf, while motogp bikes are specialized bikes just like the F1 cars.
    Nice info there.

Quote Originally Posted by bogart
    yup! even when rossi crashed at suzuka, gibernau didn't win!
    I think that's Motegi. ;)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Istanbul, Turkey

125: Kallio crashes out at final lap, but 4 riders finishing ahead of championship leader Luthi keeps the former's hopes alive. Di Meglio takes maiden victory.

250: Stoner wins out of a really hard beating from Pedrosa all over his rear until the finish. De Angelis loses it at the final lap after a tangle with Aoyama.

MotoGP: Melandri scores first ever MotoGP win as 2nd-place Rossi suffers from setup problems and error at the start. Gibernau's curse continues as he heads to the gravel while Hayden's podium streak lives on.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nag crash si melandri!

while doing a burn-out. hehehehe.

nice race for melandri and hayden. parang bumigay na si hayden during the last lap pero humabol pa rin kaso wala na talaga. sayang din si rossi at 3rd. mas mabilis ung mga lap time niya kaso hindi na talaga abot.

aaarrggghhh. ang tagal nanaman for next season.

and whats with rossi and edwards new sponsors? bakit during the last race pa. gulat ako iba paint scheme ng bike nilang dalawa. hahaha. ano yon? for next season.....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Rossi fell down during qualifying, thus a bad starting position for him. Too bad he wasn't able to equal the record of 12 race wins in a single season (forgot who that Aussie was). Gibernau's bad luck continues yet again with an engine failure.

Given that Sete has a great deal of curses this year, Rossi seems to have his own when his bike changes color. In Laguna Seca where the Yamahas were yellow, he hardly gave a challenge to race winner Hayden, who seemed nothing when they were still teammates at Repsol Honda. More so, his current teammate Edwards beat him in that same race. This time in Valencia, there was nothing he could do to pressure the front-runners - he was so far behind. The bikes were candy red and white this time.

So next year, I'd suggest Yamaha stick with the blue color.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, i'll still prefer the blue color. but i guess that's the sponsors choice since now they are sporting a motul decals, i guess the color are motuls paint scheme. and the new scheme are too plain and boring!

i guess next season would be great. since pedrossa will be riding the repsol honda in motogp, a 3 way battle between rossi, melandri and pedrossa for the championship. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Stoner and de Puniet will also move to MotoGP next year, the latter said to be more fit for the faster bike than the 250 because of great upper body strength and overall riding style. Stoner is said to have a deal with Yamaha.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Moto GP vs. SBK Superbike