New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    the spa race proved that given the right equipment, kimi can beat ms any given day... his pace on that race was amazing... his fastest lap was 0.4 sec. faster than that of ms and he did this with a slightly damaged car due to a massa assault in the first corner of the race...

he had to contend with a damaged car flooring and transmission down shift problem for the whole race and still won... there is no denying the sheer talent and pace of this kid... there is simply no fear when it comes to his racing...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Turk hit the nail on the head, no fear.
    A bit like me when young kids try to pass me on a corner in some souped up Honda....(i have to get my fun somewhere).

But seriously, i THINK effone is on the right track.
    Apart from "The Package" there seems to be an FIA / Bernie / Max mean streak against Kimi, which has been seen before against other drivers.
    Kimi is not a showman, MS is an entertainer, footballer etc. who fills the pockets of the owners (back to money again).
    Kimi is not and will never be an entertainer outside the car, his English does seem to be improving though.

At the end of the day, i will enjoy watching Kimi race, not just lead.
    If it only lasts a season i will be happy, but i hope it is more.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i do not have an opinion about kimi as a driver because i am merely a spectator in F1, and for me, only time will tell if kimi will be mentioned in the same breath as Schumacher and the rest of the F1 legends.

so i will just sit back and enjoy the races, whether it be appreciating the sheer dominance of ferrari, or watching a new team/driver challenge ferrari

andy

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kimi is not and will never be an entertainer outside the car, his English does seem to be improving though.
    now that you've mention it, atleast medyo naiintindihan ko na siya. pero kailangan ilakas ang volume ng TV he..he

imho, last season pa natin alam na given a reliable car kimi can challenge MS, di ba muntikan na mag champ si Kimi.
    by shear talent alone (same car same team, i'd say kimi's talent is on the upside, along side alonso and klein (i like this kid)

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    My tv volume was up so high on Sunday i lost my voice trying to make various drivers hear my shouted advice.

If not for the odd penalty, Kimi would have been champion last year. My opinion anyway!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    My tv volume was up so high on Sunday i lost my voice trying to make various drivers hear my shouted advice.

If not for the odd penalty, Kimi would have been champion last year. My opinion anyway!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    maybe we should watch a race in one place just to know each other and for the love of racing. hehehehe.

para "fish tayo" lahat.

a place where giant screen lights the place.

gud or bad idea?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    All depends if the Red Devils carry guns.........

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by brg998uk
    I guess you missed a few recent races.
    The only consistency Trulli has shown is being overtaken while apparently sleeping.

First time i have heard anyone suggest Kimi will be a flash in the pan! Most people recognise pure natural skill when they see it.
    1.5 seconds faster than Shumacher in a few corners? Ever see anyone do that before? Don't even think about trying to say Shumacher slowed because even tv cover shows that was not the case. Even Rubens would have passed him if he had slowed.
    I agree with you there on Trulli. He seems to have that knack of letting other cars pass him without effort.

But on Kimi vs. MS, the reason why Kimi's been able to leave MS after the safety car dives to the pit is that the bridgestone tires take time to get to its ideal temperature(and the ferraris gambled on hard compound too). Again let me go back to the past discussions that you can't really measure the drivers' pure talent while they're on different machines. I thought that was settled already.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by brg998uk

What? How would you explain that then if Kimi bags the title having won on 1 circuit against Schumey's 6?

The current points system sucks. It gives too much reward to losers.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Michael Schumacher: what's the secret of his success?