New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by aksdman
    And as Martin Brundle says, Ferrari's dominance is partly the fault of the other teams as they have to work harder for them to be able to take the fight to the Scarlet Monster.
    well put sir aksdman.

btw, i could help but notice your number of posts :D hope you can share more of your inputs in our little forum

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Finally, some equality amongst the equipment and true talent shines.
    Congratulations to the german, but can anyone argue who is faster now?

Kimi every time, more talent than anyone deserves!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    and the winner of the 2004 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX is .....

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by brg998uk

I knew you will pop out! brg998uk...

congrats to kimi, well deserved win. Kimi is definitely the fastest in this race, no contest to that but.................

who is the 2004 driver of the year?

being the winner for one race is not enough.

being the fastest is not enough.

Kimi's time will come...dont rush it, they have enough it on the track.

cheers!!!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Originally posted by brg998uk

I knew you will pop out! brg998uk...

congrats to kimi, well deserved win. Kimi is definitely the fastest in this race, no contest to that but.................

who is the 2004 driver of the year?

being the winner for one race is not enough.

being the fastest is not enough.

Kimi's time will come...dont rush it, they have enough of it on the track.

cheers!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what a race!!!

anyways to answer the topic siyempre the total package yan, team, car and MS himself, pero siyempre mas malaki ang factor ng driving skill ni MS,

just look at rubens he has the same team and the same car reachable ng ibang teams.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I was just being patient!
    If the bloody wing had not fallen off in Germany i would have popped out then!

Expect to see me after Monza as i predict another Kimi quick/Kimi win race.........

Did anyone note that even MS is getting fed up of his "fans" comments?
    After qualifying one commentator said "What a fantastic lap!"
    To which MS replied "It was not that fantastic".

If only there was more racing like yesterday i honestly would not care who won, it would be just too enjoyable to describe anyone as a loser.
    If only there were more real racing tracks like Spa, if F1 really wants to put on entertainment, scrap boring parade circuits like Hungary and sod the celebrities and drop Monaco.
    Then they could have two more Asian tracks so i could go see more races

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    if we theoretically took michael shumacher out, and all race results were as they were, rubens would be at 110 points, button at 82 points, trulli at 55 points and alonso at 58 points. this is taking into account that they all move up one place when michael is out of the picture.

i am willing to bet in this scenarion that rubens will win the driver's championship.

with this analysis, i think the ferrari team provides schumacher the ability to win, but michaels talent converts this ability into dominance.

rubens will probably win but will not dominate like schumi

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    The "package" is a joke. It is just money. Toyota will probably surprise everyone next year and their success will be down to money.
    Yes there are drivers who can pull the package into place and MS certainly did that at Ferrari.
    But personally i thought he did a much better job at Benetton, which took real driver skill and a he got a well deserved title at the expense of several superb drivers. (Or perhaps it was the lucky number 5? MS, Hill and Mansel all did well with a car numbered 5!!)
    You could tell he (MS) was really driving the car to and beyond its limits, he never just sat there and nursed it.
    Kimi seems to be the same in this respect, Hero or Zero, win or nothing.

Look at Coulthard, on paper the guy is a brilliant race winner, in reallity he is a Sunday driver.

Williams had a real package in the 90's, regardless of driver they won more than most. Did this make for more exciting racing?
    Actually i thought it was excellent entertainment but i failed to get excited over any particular driver, there were so many "equal" drivers i loved them all.

Personally i could not care less about the package, i want to watch a driver. Better yet, when the package is right i want to watch 2 drivers on the same team fight for position. Or drivers from several teams with a good package. Not just one driver.....
    If Masa gets his act together, Button settles down and Davidson gets a drive, there will be 3 drivers who will challenge Kimi long after MS retires.
    If the new regulations do anything to demand driver skill Kimi is still going to be the driver to beat.

Kimi may have had an unreliable car this year, he may only have a reliable car for half the races next year, but the fact will be that when the car is reliable, and several cars are equal in performance so there is a real race then i still say Kimi has the most natural talent, possibly the most this sport will ever see, time will tell and it will not be measured by number of titles but by epic individual races.
    AND these are the ONLY races worth watching, scrap the parades.

Minardi are the team with original F1 spirit?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Michael Schumacher: what's the secret of his success?