New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    GS-T? No AWD love with the GSX? Actually, I prefer the GS-T because the AWD system adds around 300 lbs to the curb weight.

174 mph...... Man, I was happy to reach 155 mph (then immediately dropping back to 140 mph) with my 1G Laser RS Turbo. It has the HKS Stage 4 which pumped up hp from the stock 190 to 280 bhp.

What's the specs on that GS-T?

man, I built that car.. lolz!

anywayz, the owner of the car happened to have his GS-T ever since it was new. the car went through several set-up and 10 engines. his car was a Street car at first, then used it for Drag racing. then he got tired of Drag racing so he tried out Land Speed Racing.

well, we couldve built a Eclipse GSX but we wanted to be practical since we already have a car to play around with.

also, the specs can be found * www.GearspeedMotorsports.com and look at the 5th Gear section, under the name "Andrew Brilliant"

aite, peace.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    heres a much better and edited video of our Land Speed Racing Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Spyder

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVRMCuMJgM8"]YouTube - 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Land Speed race car[/ame]

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    man, I built that car.. lolz!

anywayz, the owner of the car happened to have his GS-T ever since it was new. the car went through several set-up and 10 engines. his car was a Street car at first, then used it for Drag racing. then he got tired of Drag racing so he tried out Land Speed Racing.
    How many miles is land speed racing? He could also try the "Silver State Classic" where you do a time attack with no restrictions whatsoever for 90 miles on a public highway?

There's also other events like the fastest 1 mile 0 to top speed and back to 0 like this EVO which went from 0-200mph-0 in a less than 21 sec:

Here Dai San back in 2003 when he shredded a tire at over 200 mph:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    How many miles is land speed racing? He could also try the "Silver State Classic" where you do a time attack with no restrictions whatsoever for 90 miles on a public highway?

There's also other events like the fastest 1 mile 0 to top speed and back to 0 like this EVO which went from 0-200mph-0 in a less than 21 sec:

Here Dai San back in 2003 when he shredded a tire at over 200 mph:
    hey Jun, well the track in El Mirage is only 1.3 miles! so its pretty short. you only have 1.3 miles to start and finish, but theres about 1/2 mile distance for you to slow down.

also, in fact we're joining the Silver State Classic by next year! and also the Texas Mile. so far so good, our car is capable of doing 200+ MPH since we already did back to back test runs on the I-5 Freeway but getting all 530 fwhp to the ground (specially * El Mirage) is so damn hard since that we're breaking alot of traction from 1st to 4th gears. we can only do 20-30% throttle on 1st-3rd gear then 70% on 4th.. then 80-90% on 5th. its crazy!!

aite, peace.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    also, I had the video clip of Dai-san when he wrecked the JUN 350Z at the Silver State Classic. I think I had it on one of my Option Videos. .. man, aint he so lucky to get out of that wreck ALIVE!!

aite, peace.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    also, in fact we're joining the Silver State Classic by next year! and also the Texas Mile. so far so good, our car is capable of doing 200+ MPH since we already did back to back test runs on the I-5 Freeway
    That's going to be sweet. There are different brackets. Of course, the top banana is the "Unlimited" bracket. I think the record is an average speed of 201 mph over the 90-mile course (if not, it's close to it). That's average speed. I shudder at the thought of what car it takes to do that.

but getting all 530 fwhp to the ground (specially * El Mirage) is so damn hard since that we're breaking alot of traction from 1st to 4th gears. we can only do 20-30% throttle on 1st-3rd gear then 70% on 4th.. then 80-90% on 5th. its crazy!!
    I've already seen the same problem with a mere 281 fwhp which is why I quit doing stoplights with EVOS and STI's (and even some WRX's) when they arrived on the scene. I was getting embarrassed by the lack of AWD. Also, the drivers of those cars don't have to deal with various buttons.

Besides, it was pissing off the wife who kept saying I'm not a kid anymore.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Besides, it was pissing off the wife who kept saying I'm not a kid anymore.
    hahaha!! man, I bet my girlfriend would do the same thing once we get married! lolz!

aite, peace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Land Speed Racing