New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yeah Montoya needs a lot of growing up kasi immature pa. Yes ubod din ng yabang coz friends of mine have met him at talagang mayabang daw. hes been getting criticism from f1 media coz he hasnt delivered the goods yet tapos nagyayabang na but if he matures im sure he'll be a top contender but as of now Kimi will eat him alive.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as of the 2004 season... here are the stats for kimi & JPM:

kimi:
    68 GPs, 2 wins, 3 pole, 6 fastest laps, 189 championship points

JPM:
    68 GPs, 4 wins, 11 pole, 11 fastest lap, 221 championship points

now let the records do the talking... :D
    Last edited by mazdamazda; April 17th, 2005 at 11:41 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    as of the 2004 season... here are the stats for kimi & JPM:

kimi:
    68 GPs, 2 wins, 3 pole, 6 fastest laps, 189 championship points

JPM:
    68 GPs, 4 wins, 11 pole, 11 fastest lap, 221 championship points

now let the records do the talking... :D
    That's not a fair comparison. The Williams team was undoubtedly stronger overall during this time period, while Kimi drove for Sauber and McLaren. This 2005 season is a better benchmark, because they're now in the same team.

As for Kimi or Montoya? Since I watched the last Bahrain GP, I'd have to say Pedro.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    That's not a fair comparison. The Williams team was undoubtedly stronger overall during this time period, while Kimi drove for Sauber and McLaren. This 2005 season is a better benchmark, because they're now in the same team.

As for Kimi or Montoya? Since I watched the last Bahrain GP, I'd have to say Pedro.
    right now... JPM has a 1 championship point lead over Kimi...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    overall i like JPM because he always pushing the envelope grinding his car to its limit...kaya minsan nasasagad... always gambling just like phil michelson sa golf, laging nag gagamble sa shots niya...

in contrast naman cool as ice kimi

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    Yeah, but he's also boring as ice. Whenever he speaks at the post-race interviews he seems to speak random gibberish in a low monotone voice, then I go zzzZZZZZZzzzz.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of either driver so I'm pretty much impartial to them. Mark Webber fan kasi ako eh .

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you said it A1, my head hurts once kimi starts to talk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    overall i like JPM because he always pushing the envelope grinding his car to its limit...kaya minsan nasasagad... always gambling just like phil michelson sa golf, laging nag gagamble sa shots niya...

I agree. Montoya is indeed a risk-taker, especially during his earlier years. If you compare him to his former teammate baby Schumacher, he's much more adventurous. Ralf does practically no more than bring the car to the finish line. Besides, he sucks in overtaking such that he cannot even pass a Jordan during a few occasions. Montoya takes no prisoners here, even Schumacher senior. In fact, Juan is currently the best in overtaking.

As for Kimi, I wouldn't say that he is really the Iceman. He's actually the exact opposite of being cool. His hot-headedness may not be vocal unlike Montoya, but he kept pushing the innocent race marshals when he experiences accidents. First of all, he has no right to do that no matter what. Those guys are simply doing their job, ensuring driver safety even before theirs. Some of them even got killed when cars collide and run right onto them. Second, if he is to push somebody for his mishaps, that will be the Mercedes guys.

Well anyway, I guess Raikkonen will now overtake his teammate since he cannot race yet. Good luck to Wurz then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Kimi or Montoya?