New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Kimi Raikkonen: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimi will stay with McLaren

6 21.43%
  • Kimi will move to Renault

3 10.71%
  • Kimi will move to Ferrari

19 67.86%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari View Post
    I think if Raikkonen gets confirmed to Ferrari, Renault will follow afterwards confirming Kovalainen as Fisichella's teammate. I think Pedro Dela Rosa has a strong chance to partner Alonso.
    Renault has confirmed Heikki Kovalainen as its race driver in 2007. So those of you guys who voted in this poll that Raikkonen is moving to Renault, it's time to pack up.

So now, we have two more choices left for Kimi: McLaren or Ferrari ???

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Michael Schumacher will announce on Sunday that he is going to retire at the end of 2006, according to major German newspaper Bild-Zeitung.

'Schumi turns his back on Formula One,' the headline reads, adding that Ferrari's Technical Director Ross Brawn is also likely to withdraw after the season.

Bild reported that Schumacher is to announce the news in the post-race press conference, if he finishes in the top three.

Otherwise, a formal announcement to the world's press is scheduled for 6pm at the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza.

"Before then we are saying nothing," Schumacher's manager, Willi Weber, told the 'paper.
    from f1-live.com

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by allen_the_great View Post
    i am placing my vote here and i will post this so that everyone can read this. Kimi will NOT go to Ferrari as long as Schumacher is there.
    that's for sure.

malamang sa Renault mapupunta si kimi. After next season, giancarlo fisichella will be let go by renault and their test driver kovalainen will pair with kimi to give the blue squad an all finnish driver lineup. (GUESS ko lang to)
    Bro, since one-half of your predictions turned out to be a disaster, you still got 50-50 chance this weekend whether Schumi will retire or not. You have to bet your car on this one now.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    MS should retire
    Kimi in RED
    Alonso in Silver Arrows

ang kawawa dito si JPM he..he
    Malapit ka ng mag-Bingo kimpoy. Isa na lang!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Game over.

19 psychics on this thread got it right (as of this posting). The Iceman going red in 2007. That's not bad at all.

Here's to Schumi! It was a great run all these years! :burp: :drunk:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup... it's official!

What a way to announce it too! Italian GP, a Schumi victory with his successor at 2nd place.

Here's the full transcript:

One of the longest-running rumours in the Formula One paddock was finally confirmed on Sunday when Ferrari announced that McLaren driver Kimi Raikkonen will join the team next season.

Raikkonen has signed a three-year deal, covering the 2007, 2008 and 2009 seasons. His team mate will be Felipe Massa, the Brazilian’s contract having been extended until the end of 2008. Luca Badoer stays on as Ferrari’s official test driver.

"Whilst I have taken the decision to leave Team McLaren Mercedes, I want to stress that I really enjoyed my time with the team,” said Raikkonen. “I have the deepest respect for everybody and will be giving my all in the remaining races."

The Finn has been with McLaren for the past five years, scoring nine victories, 10 pole positions and 321 world championship points. His place at the team will be taken by world champion Fernando Alonso, whose 2007 partner will be revealed by McLaren before the end of the year.

Paying tribute to Raikkonen, McLaren boss Ron Dennis commented: "I have enjoyed working with Kimi over the past five seasons and as a team we have achieved a lot of success. He is a very special driver and obviously everybody at McLaren wishes him all the best in his future career. Looking forward we remain confident that our 2007 line-up will be a strong and exciting one."
    source:http://www.formula1.com/race/news/4933/765.html

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bagay ba?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    go Kimi! hahahaha

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....mukhang magiging ferrari fan na ako ah.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
It's Time to place your bets on Raikkonen