New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Kimi Raikkonen: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimi will stay with McLaren

6 21.43%
  • Kimi will move to Renault

3 10.71%
  • Kimi will move to Ferrari

19 67.86%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Money talks. He who has the most money to spend almost gets what he wants. I hope Raikonen gets a championship with Ferrari kundi e sya na ang me problema. He's so overrated.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i'd like for Kimi to go to ferrari with schumi postponing his retirement for one more year. it will be real delight to see a championship caliber driver (kimi) using the same machinery as the 'rainmeister'. at least we can see how their skills compare with each other on identical cars and see who really is faster and who has better mental toughness.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailhook View Post
    i'd like for Kimi to go to ferrari with schumi postponing his retirement for one more year. it will be real delight to see a championship caliber driver (kimi) using the same machinery as the 'rainmeister'. at least we can see how their skills compare with each other on identical cars and see who really is faster and who has better mental toughness.
    Mental toughness, Schumi. Age advantage Kimi.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Nabasa nyo ba yung bagong chismis? It was reported that Schumacher was insisting that the only partner acceptable for him is FELIPE MASSA. However, Ferrari President is insisting that Schumi should take Raikkonen as his teammate. I think Ferrari is investing now on its future, not the legacy. Kung baga, it's time to move on for Ferrari. The F1 team is trying to protect its future.

I'm a Schumi-Ferrari fan, but I will accept that if Schumi doesn't like Kimi, I'm willing to let him retire and put a red uniform on Raikkonen. Business-wise, Raikkonen will still attract fans without Schumacher. But if Schumacher will go after 1 more year, Ferrari might find Kimi tied with a multi-year contract with another team and they won't have any star driver in its roster.

So if I'm Ferrari, I'll give a take-it-or-leave-it package on Schumi. If he doesn't want the Finn alongside him, he can retire and I won't renew his contract.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think its about time for Schumi to accept some competition within the team. He's been lucky all these years being partnered with team mates that are always few notches below his talent and capabilities.

What if the scenario is much different just like the tough competition between Aryton Senna and Alain Prost during their Mclaren years! I think if both world champions were on different teams instead of being teammates then they might have won more world champions, respectively.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    From the news:

But despite the pressure from the Schumacher camp, Ferrari chiefs insist that the driver question will be answered at Monza on September 10th, where Kimi Raikkonen is now almost categorically certain to be a part of the 2007 team.

It is further understood that Ferrari bosses will meet in Maranello on Thursday to discuss the now thorny 2007 driver topic, including installing Felipe Massa as Raikkonen's team-mate.

A Ferrari spokesman said: "We will definitely announce our driver pairing for 2007 in Monza."

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    From the news:

Ferrari quiet on 'three drivers' rumour
    Sun 03 Sep, 6:02 AM

A Ferrari spokesman has refused to comment on speculation that the Italian team will announce three race drivers at Monza next Sunday.

While much of the racing world is eagerly awaiting definite news about Michael Schumacher's future, it has been rumoured that the German, plus Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa, are all set to be confirmed as under contract to Ferrari in 2007.

It will supposedly give Schumacher, 37, more time to decide whether or not to retire at the end of his expiring contract.

However, the head of Ferrari's press office, Luca Colajanni, said: ''We will make an announcement just after the race.

''We are not able to give you more details before that date.''

I think if Raikkonen gets confirmed to Ferrari, Renault will follow afterwards confirming Kovalainen as Fisichella's teammate. I think Pedro Dela Rosa has a strong chance to partner Alonso.

Mahirap talaga ang weekend na walang F1, puro chismis ang napapag-aliwan.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^They keep on delaying it and now they will make the announcement right after the race.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    ^They keep on delaying it and now they will make the announcement right after the race.
    Can't wait for the race this weekend!

Other than the race for the 2006 driver's and constructor's championship, there's the 2007 driver's line-up announcement for Ferrari....

I am certain it will be passionate...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ferrari quiet on 'three drivers' rumour
    If that 3 driver thing pushes through for Ferrari that would be freakin weird!!!
    I think Massa would literally be a "saling pusa" in this scenario. He
    would only get a chance to drive if any of the 2 (Schumi or Raikkonen) gets
    sick or be too lazy to drive for the race.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
It's Time to place your bets on Raikkonen