New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Earlier this week Ferrari announced that they had taken up a long- standing option on the services of Felipe Massa to join the team in 2006 as a replacement for Rubens Barrichello who is thought to have signed a two-year deal with BAR Honda. Michael Schumacher for one is happy to see Massa join the team as his team-mate.

"I am happy for Felipe," Schumacher told his official web site. "In my view he deserves this chance as he is doing a real good job since quite a while now."

"We have seen his talent lately in F1, but also when he was test driver for us. And we have not been the only ones who were interested in him," Schumacher continued with reference to BMW. "Rubens and me, we had a nice time together, and we share lot of beautiful memories. I wish him all the best in his new team."

Rubens Barrichello has not made any public statement on his contractual situation for 2006.

E.A.
    Source RTL

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    True to his from, Schumi still kept a cordial response to Rubens' departure...

So where would Rubens go? BAR Honda? Or the new BMW Team?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most likely BAR si Rubens. Sato's career will depend on whether Williams can get Jenson or not. BMW will most likely get Germans so Nick Heidfeld is a good contender for a drive with them.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    True to his from, Schumi still kept a cordial response to Rubens' departure...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    well, it is very nice for schumi to be that way. he's got talent and character. truly a sportsman in his own special way.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    veteran na si schumi pati sa mga press relation, he knows once he bad mouth somebody eh baka mawala ang mga sponsors niya.

look at kobe daming nag alisan like nuttela, mcdonalds, wheaties, etc etc.

naalala ko tuloy yung scene sa bull durham where a veteran pitcher (kevin costner) teaches young, talented, upcoming but naive pitcher (tim robbins) the ins and outs of the league.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to ferrari, felipe. to prepare for your upcoming first season, make sure you practice your bowing and butt-kissing skills. you will need them everytime michael walks by. also make sure you can perform the "pull-right" maneuver in the split second you see another red car in your rear view mirror.

oh, and don't pet the scuderia. they might bite

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Massa just beat Schumacher in the Race of Champions last year driving identical Ferrari 360s. I'm not sure if the Red Baron wasn't taking that competition seriously enough, but the young Brazilian's talent certainly is there.

I'm also uncertain about Michael's praise for Felipe. Most likely, he will be treated like a Rubens as well, with an inferior car and the need to give way for his teammate as far as the championship fight is concerned (at least discreetly). But when Schumi loses his motivation, Massa just might be quicker, provided that the cars are equal.

It's Schumacher and Massa for Ferrari in 2006