New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So says the person with the record for "most irrelevant posts" ever online... a lot of human activity has no pragmatic use, but is not useless... racers, too, have their place... by providing entertainmen, an example of excellence in achievement and inspiration to others to follow their own dreams.
    Far from useless.. and No, not just entertainment, but pushing the forefront of auto technology and design SAFETY as well.. Not just a frustrated racer, I'm also an engineer and joined several design competitions, won many of those. Kung wlang competition, you'll be complacent in pushing the limits of technology or design innovation.

Not to mention, many race car drivers become test drivers(wish ko rin to) thus, in the end, involved na din sila sa pag de-design ng cars, syempre, they drive it to the limits... This is how they fine tune handling, para predictable i-drive ung car, and not always trying to kill you..

At the end of the day, we actually owe them our lives

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebauer View Post
    a lot of the young generation today spend money on propping up old cars, make 'em look like racers.
    You could blame it on a lot of factors.. And it becomes really bad when it starts to influence your driving Madami kasi they're not concerned with the safety of others on the road, they treat it like a huge race track. I used to be like one, and after some near-misses lang ako natauhan.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    OT: Aw, ban uli si OB. Medyo sablay nga sya mag-post these days compared to nung una kami magkakilala...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Some of the safety devices we are enjoying today are probably brought about by evolution of racing technology like the crumple zones and einforced cabins so racing is very useful except when you do it in the streets.

eddiebauer = ob??? amazing!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hehe...

Anyway, is anyone actually using his/her personal car for racing? I'm thinking of it. Problem is, it's the family car also and for business. We only have one car for everything, lol!

Worry ko kasi for example in autocrossing, you might put undue stress to the car, na baka maging unsafe na sya for everyday use..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dtaker View Post
    hehe...

Anyway, is anyone actually using his/her personal car for racing? I'm thinking of it. Problem is, it's the family car also and for business. We only have one car for everything, lol!

Worry ko kasi for example in autocrossing, you might put undue stress to the car, na baka maging unsafe na sya for everyday use..
    Given that, I really do suggest to have a dedicated car for racing so that there would be no compromising between it's function as a race car or as family/business transport.

A good condition used car (to be used for racing) isn't really that expensive as you can start with a Corolla AE89 or AE101 or Sentra B13/B14 and upgrade the components as you feel the need for such.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    As I've thought... Bad thing is wala na mapag paparkan ng sasakyan, hehe... Good thing is mapapaabroad ako for a couple of months, hold off muna any racing aspirations ko. Hopefully makaipon ng enough para maka lipat bahay na may parking for two cars, hehe..

When all hope is lost ang tanging chance ko na lang eh mag abroad, hehe.. In that case, makekeri ko pa din kaya flag ng Philippines or ibang flag na??

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dtaker View Post
    As I've thought... Bad thing is wala na mapag paparkan ng sasakyan, hehe... Good thing is mapapaabroad ako for a couple of months, hold off muna any racing aspirations ko. Hopefully makaipon ng enough para maka lipat bahay na may parking for two cars, hehe..

When all hope is lost ang tanging chance ko na lang eh mag abroad, hehe.. In that case, makekeri ko pa din kaya flag ng Philippines or ibang flag na??
    pare, ok lang kahit na mag work ka overseas! there are more chances (and opportunities) na makakaipon ka so that you can build yourself a reliable and competetive race car. and depende kung saan ka din pumunta, you can alwayz carry our Philippine flag! kahit dito sa US, ginagawa ko din yan!! Im very proud of being a Pinoy and I kick alot of American A$$!!! bwakekekeke.

aite, peace.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good luck.

I agree with GH's suggestions... though I like the AE92's looks a bit better than the AE101.

You can even get a Sentra LEC, as it still has the rear multi-link and costs very little secondhand, while still having a fresher body than the ECCS B13. Then swap in and SR20DE, add a good suspension and rollcage, and go out driving.

Either of the two will be more than fast enough for serious autocrossing or track-racing... and with practice, you should be able to kick butt.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hi guys..

i also really really wanna race.. kaya Lng like dtaker isa Lang din car namin partida famiLy car din un at ang masakLap dun, i dont have enough money either.. nissan sentra ung tsikot, ung ginagawang taxi hehe.. pero dba pede pa po un? i dont have any idea on how/where to upgrade the car and how much it wil cost..

aLam nyu pu ba kung magkano sa tuason? sa BRC pu ba mostly ginaganap ung training nLa? im planning to get a scholarship there or kung di papalarin mageenroll na Lng taLaga ko dun..

my stock racing ba d2 sa pinas? panu at san po pede sumali? may pinopost po bang sked?

at last na, saan or panu po makasali sa marlboro red racing schooL? un...

thanks guys..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tuason is about 14k per course, I think.

There are various organizations running track events, slaloms and even hillclimbs. The hillclimb might be too much for you, though... I think they'll require AAP membership for the next round, as well as a fire extinguisher and a Snell-certified crash helmet (those cost about 20k pesos).

Easiest to enter are slaloms and autocrosses. They have novice classes and events for those who want to wet their whistle (even older people and teenagers with no previous experience join). All you really need are decent tires and good brakes for these events. Even a stock car will be fun here.

As for "stock racing"... PTCC lang alam ko. But unless you have a Honda Civic and a huge racing budget (or any other car and an even bigger budget) you're not going to be competitive here... heck, you won't even be able to get on track.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
How to start a racing career with very little money?