New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post

ano yung bar?
    BAR (British American Racing), owned by BAT (Britiish American Tobacco). BAT produces Lucky Strike and 555 cigarettes. BAR bought out Tyrell Racing in 1998. It did rather poorly, usually relagated at the back. It got Honda as a engine supplier in 2000. They sold out their shares to Honda in 2006 when strict tobacco advertising bans were implemented.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thanks sir
    nasaisip ko bar na hang out place eh since wala ako maisip na possible initials nun sa records ko sa utak hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I dunno but...

It looks to me that this is Honda's way of getting out of F1 gracefully. I my (fading) memory serves me correctly, they had an ambitious 5 year plan where the first two years will be development, the third year they'd look at podium finishes and by the 5th year they're serious title contenders.

What do they have to show?? A couple of finishes on the podium and a win by Jens, though popular, was a fluke...

They tried to do this waaay back in the 60's as a works entry and that program also crashed and burned...

As an engine supplier, that's another story altogether...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Well, at least Honda is doing proper cost cutting measures to deal with the financial crisis, unlike the big3 U.S. automakers already close to bankruptcy, and their current alternative is to ask for bail-out money.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Honda will remain as engine supplier for IndyCars...

I guess this validates my argument... They're hugely successful in IndyCars as engine supplier...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Malas talaga pero kung yan ang gusto nila...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Yung global financial crisis is one factor siguro why they totally left F1. Another thing is the required financial backing. Stand-alone lang kasi sila for 3 years na ata without sponsors. It started with their earthdreams car. Imagine shouldering all costs.

Time is ticking also for some teams who'll be losing sponsorships from some troubled companies. I think Williams is one of them. I heard that they're a bit troubled by huge debts. Not a good sign for F1... Huwag naman sana.

Masama din kasi yung pagkaka-ban ng tobacco advertisements sa mga teams. Malaking funding ang nawala.

Maybe it's retirement nga kay Rubens and probably test drive for Button sa ibang teams. Good nga pala ito for Alonso for not moving to Honda.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I don't think their run being sponsor-less has anything to do with it. I mean I am sure they are not that stupid to run sponsor-less if they can't handle it. Honda is just quick in cutting it losses and quick in removing unnecessary luxuries like joining F1 and focus on the core business. Who knows maybe in a year or two the money they saved from not joining F1 might prove useful and some other manufacturers might have wished they pulled earlier.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    About Honda's sponsorships being absent, I beg to disagree...

It doesn't mean that if you do not see any sponsors' names emblazoned on the cars mean that they do not have any...

When Honda embarked on the earthdreams project, their "livery" was planet earth. The sponsors' names are still stitched on the drivers' racing suits...

The last team that went truly sponsorless was Team Tyrell. Only the name Team Tyrell painted on the sides of their cars as well as on the drivers' racing suits and caps. The drivers' helmets had no other markings other than their personal designs...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TOKYO, Japan -- Japanese auto giant Toyota is likely to suffer a $1.1-billion loss for the second half of the current fiscal year due to a stronger yen and a global industry slump, news reports said Saturday.
    Toyota Motor Corp. is likely to incur an operating loss of some 100 billion yen (1.1 billion dollars) for the six months to March next year, the Asahi Shimbun and Kyodo News said.
    It would be Toyota's first interim operating loss since the company introduced US accounting standards in 1999, Asahi said.
    In November, Toyota revised downward its net profit forecast to 550 billion yen in the current year to March, down from the 1.25 trillion yen previously projected. That would mark a decline of 68 percent from the previous year.
    But the news reports said Toyota would further downgrade its sales and earnings projections as the company was battered by a sharp decline in global auto sales and the yen's continued appreciation against the dollar.
    Toyota assumed a foreign exchange rate of 100 yen against the dollar for the October-March period, but the dollar has fallen to around 90 yen due partly to concern about the future of the troubled US automakers.
    Toyota had enjoyed brisk sales and profits as strong interest in its fuel-efficient vehicles put it on course to overtake ailing General Motors as the world's top-selling automaker.
    But Toyota is now saying its top managers are reviewing its expansion plans in light of the slump.

http://business.inquirer.net/money/b...s-for-2nd-half

Could we someone follow suit?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda Quits Formula One to Cut Costs as Profit Falls