The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ayan naglalaway na ko sa 4x4

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kiper18,

merong advantages and disadvantages pareho...

A/T - better suited to sand, and boulder crawling is easier with an A/T i think
    M/T - more involving to drive, offers better control (engine braking) on steep descents, can be push started

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kiper::: a lot of people say AT for offroading coz it takes the mental load off the driver, but me personally, i prefer MT :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You rarely have to worry about stalling with an A/T. And with a tranny cooler, these things are virtually indestructible. They're even better in water than M/T's because they are sealed. Water won't get in through the top.

You can start your vehicle in gear if you're an M/T (great for getting yourself out of some sticky situations but I've yet to try this). You also get gobs more engine braking and you can start in 2nd or 3rd gear to avoid digging yourself in the soft stuff.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for the advice and reminders. ill keep those in mind. ill also let my dad read your comments. i hope when my dad gets to decide what 4x4 we will buy, you could be there to help us check on the vehicle itself.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4x4newbie,

you remind me of a poster with the handle of newbee who used to post similar questions a while back... :wink:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not buy a second hand safari patrol na local version - sells around P600K - (preferably, not the japanese converted ones)? Then spend some extra doing mods like bigger tires, snorkels, off-road bumpers, winches, etc....:lol::lol::lol:

If you get the japanese converted ones - sell around P500K but less than P600K - , you better have the steering conversions checked first (BEFORE BUYING) or remodified (AFTER BUYING) just in case it was poorly done.

Else try looking at the Hammers - sells around P600K+ yata - done by Jappy of Alana Motors. It's a safari underneath and steering conversions have been done better....and it looks cool.

my 2 cents.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Help!! 4WDs for Offroad