Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Adjectives most often used to describe the Pajero:

*Harsh (ride)
    *Slow (even the V6's)
    *Unrefined

bogart,

Are you selling your Pajero or may ibang unit pa? Ok din na platform iyan for off-roading. Tested by afrasay, happiman and our off-road family (otomatic, Boy2, and offroadmom).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa 2nd hand pajero ka na!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4newbie
    im kinda new in here and i've seen your offroading pictures...

i just want to know what are the cars/trucks/pick-ups/4WDs that can be used for Off-roading... ive read that Rav 4 and CRVs are not included. so can i have atleast any idea what ride should i buy in place of my RAV right now...

of course, i want to join you sometime go offroad...

thanks!
    dude,

hi, how are you? let me share you also some ideas in getting a 4x4, first choose between a pick up truck or an suv, which ever interest you...then go for it..since your dad is buying it for you...that would be so cool...
    a. power..your engine if you can have a v6 or in line 6...that would be great
    b. transmission..must be a standard i mean stick shift and a start clutch cancel...never get an auto for a 4wd..its sucks unless you have the M998 HMMWV Hummer
    c. 4wd system..i prefer a part time 4wd where in you can choose the gears for your 4wd, include also 4WDemand..the automatic locking front hubs so you get your feet wet or dirty when you need to shift to 4wd and a locking rear differential
    d. brakes..you need a power assisted ventilated front disc/rear drum with tandem booster and rear LSPV if a truck, these are very helpfull in slippery wet and sandy dry surface road
    e. steering..must have a wide turning circle diameter of 40.0 feet and a rack and pinion power assist
    f.ground clearance and underbody protection..at least 12 inches and must have skip plates under front suspension,transfer case and fuel tank
    g. a 3 point elr seat belts
    h. and finally when you go off roading pretty soon...remember to please tread lightly.....

let me share you some experiences when i visited philippines last december 19 to january 20, my very first time since in 27 years since i was born here in US..men it was so fun i wish i have the chance to meet you guys who go off roading..i drove my cousin's trucks, a mitsubishi strada which is a diesel turbo..but runs so lean on power, then a toyota truck 4x4 diesel again, a nissan pick up truck eagle 4x4 and a pajero i guess a gen 1and we call it montero here in US..i had the chance to drive around my parents hometown..i guess la union...we went off roading with my cousin and my god, sky is the limit you can tread as heavy as you want leaving your skid marks behind...my favorate druck that i drove was the mitsubishi strada 2.5 diesel turbo... with a plate number of AEZ 222, at first driving there is so scary for me but my cuz taught me how. i saw some of your pics here at otep's homepage its really nice, very nice, i'm also impressed on how filipinos copied the am general m998 hmmwv hummer..wow..so if ever i'll visit philippines again maybe this coming december for a month....would you let me a part of your crew to go offroading somehow......

thanks and peace out

cale/ vtekluder00*aol.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cale
    h. and finally when you go off roading pretty soon...remember to please tread lightly.....

Cale::: I think this should be spelled T.H.R.E.A.D. lightly. :D

And for the benefit of other readers what it really means:

Travel only on established 4WD roads
    Respect the rights of other land users
    Educate yourself with maps and knowing regulations
    Avoid streams, shorelines, meadows
    Drive responsibly to conserve the environment and preserve opportunities to recreate

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Quote Originally Posted by Cale

Cale::: I think this should be spelled T.H.R.E.A.D. lightly. :D

And for the benefit of other readers what it really means:

Travel only on established 4WD roads
    Respect the rights of other land users
    Educate yourself with maps and knowing regulations
    Avoid streams, shorelines, meadows
    Drive responsibly to conserve the environment and preserve opportunities to recreate
    ungas

sup dude...i believe my spelling is right....

peace out

cale

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    :roll:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ungas....oh i got what you mean...hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a. power..your engine if you can have a v6 or in line 6...that would be great.
    *A 6-pot engine does indeed make a lot of power. But make sure you have an idea of what type of wheeling you have in mind. For the type of wheeling most of us do here, an engine with lots of low-end grunt is what works best. The 177bhp engine on our Montero doesn't work as well off-road as the 99bhp in mine simply because you have to rev it so high just to get the torque you want lalo na kung sanay ka sa diesel na peak power na sa 2,500 rpm pa lang.

b. transmission..must be a standard i mean stick shift and a start clutch cancel...never get an auto for a 4wd..its sucks unless you have the M998 HMMWV Hummer
    *A matic is easier to master but a stick allows for more control. Don't worry if you do get a matic. Monteros with 4A/T's have been making it up the Rubicon for years now. Btw, clutch-starter interlocks are not required for vehicles here so no need to worry about that.

c. 4wd system..i prefer a part time 4wd where in you can choose the gears for your 4wd, include also 4WDemand..the automatic locking front hubs so you get your feet wet or dirty when you need to shift to 4wd and a locking rear differential
    *IMO, manual hubs work better than automatics on any given day. That's why a lot of off-roaders are retrofitting manuals on their rigs. A rear differential is great. I wish I had one. But most of us can still go places even in our open diff'd rides.

d. brakes..you need a power assisted ventilated front disc/rear drum with tandem booster and rear LSPV if a truck, these are very helpfull in slippery wet and sandy dry surface road
    *Four wheel disc brakes work well too. Meron pa bang truck sa market ngayon na walang LSPV?

e. steering..must have a wide turning circle diameter of 40.0 feet and a rack and pinion power assist
    *Power assist is really a must. But I still feel that recirculating ball (a.k.a. ball and nut) systems are tougher in the rough stuff.

f.ground clearance and underbody protection..at least 12 inches and must have skip plates under front suspension,transfer case and fuel tank
    *I have 9" under the rear diff now and it seems to work. Although a lift is planned in the future. Skid plates are a must.

g. a 3 point elr seat belts
    *For both on and off road.

*Do not pretend like you're in those SUV commercials running over everything you see.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup i wish a have a automatic tranny 4x4, katulad ng mga nasa moab

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    so which is better for offroad?

m/t or a/t?

o depende rin sa gumagamit?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Help!! 4WDs for Offroad