New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    How many laps does the average NASCAR race last? 200? 300 laps?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    Try to read this first:
    http://www.fastmachines.com/archives/nascar/001502.php
    http://www.frontstretch.com/tbowles/1026/

The fact of the matter is, while team orders are already banned in Formula 1, people still love using such excuses if they don't like the result of the race. Team orders happen because racing cars are controlled and funded by businessmen. So you can't claim that team orders do not happen in NASCAR.

First those sites all mention of possiblities in the future for team orders. Currently team orders are not the order of business in NASCAR because each driver has different sponsors although they have the same owner. Example: Team Roush may own 4 cars in a race but each car has a different major sponsor so you can't ask your driver to give way because your sponsor will be angry if they find out about the orders since they lose publicity. The owner would not risk losing sponsorship for his car since it's $$$ down the drain. Another reason is the drivers would not agree to anything like that, imagine asking Jeff Gordon to lose so that Earnhardt Jr can can win points for the championship. He would tell you to go to hell and take your first born with you. Look at the history of the sport and it will show you the type of people that drive NASCAR. They are individuals not teams like in F1 with Ferarri, BMW, MB, etc. If you ask a NASCAR fan who won the manufacturers trophy for any partcular year he won't know but if you ask who won the drivers championship he can tell you.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rab
    kung thrill lang naman, MotoGP na siyempre. hehehe.

thrilling din naman ang Nascar mas lalo na sa last 10 laps. from a spectators point maganda manood ng Nascar kasi upo ka kahit saan makikita mo buong action sa race track pwera na lang kapag nasa Watkins Glen at ibang street circuits.

Your point is exactly why it's popular you can watch the full race live unlike road courses like Watkins, Laguna Seca, Infeneon Raceway(Sears Point).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ovals... :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Demolition derby padin... hehehe...

Unless mga ala Lightning McQueen nasa NASCAR talaga

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me WRC is still the best...pero mind you the only stock in the car used here is the body shape...the rest are all modified...

JPM is hardly noticeable in F1 (if not only for his good looks hindi sisikat ng husto yun). Si Schummi walang good looks...he just drives well with a well built car period.

Nascar...if not for the movies and cartoons made with it...hindi ito sisikat.

Try driving the nascar circuit even on the lowly computer games...it gets boring after the 10th lap....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm not sure why NASCAR is popular - i'm not into it and don't get it - but i can tell you that here in the Southern US it is more a religion than it is a sport. people buy the road versions of their favorite driver's cars, they buy all the gear, go on road trips to follow the races around, even paint the logos on their houses or tattoo them on their bodies.

perhaps NASCAR did a great job of going into smaller markets where there were not a lot of sporting alternatives back then...so it's become the primary mode of entertainment and a way of life for some people here.

and before i hear any stupid comments about rednecks and hicks - it's not just low-income people who follow it...some very wealthy people, business execs, entrepreneurs, etc. that i know like it as well.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Probably it's NASCAR's sheer fun that translates to its success. Despite using technology of yestercentury, spectators look for excitement, and the addition of Montoya possibly doubles the sensation. Your loss, F1.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    another reason why Nascar is successful it's because majority of the drivers have white American sounding names, like Johnson, Stewart, Newman, etc. People shied away from CART because they can't relate to drivers with unfamiliar foreign names.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....and these white folks love the long and grueling 200-300 lap races. i once watched a NASCAR "shootout" race (30 laps lang siya), konti spectators.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Good bye F1, hello NASCAR...