New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If you watched it this morning, you'll be convinced na "luto" yung ginawa ni Glock. Bad trip talaga. Glock acted like a backmarker, and stepped aside.

I have to disagree with the others, and I think FM was the better driver in 2k8. Bad luck simply hounded FM. He's not a flashy driver, but consistent, and precise.

Vettel had a fantastic race.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton, Formula 1 youngest champion... what an astonishing finale! Felipe did all his best but LH just need to be in 5th place to win the championship.
    Quote:
    "He scored more points than me, he deserves to win the title," said the disappointed race winner. "I know how to win, I know how to lose.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    awww my heart goes to felipe and family especially since this may be his one and only chance (unless kimi agrees to be driver no. 2 which i highly doubt). but good that he was gracious in defeat and not looking back and blaming his team for the mistakes they did.

congrats to hamilton.

hoping for another exciting season next year with kimi back in full form, alonzo on a run and vettel on the rise.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hamilton deserves it IMO. He was more consistent in finsihing more races and finishing in the points. I think his only DNF this season was Canada where he rammed Raikkonen from behind in the pit lane otherwise he finished every race (not necessary all in the points). Massa won 1 more race than Hamilton this year.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Hamilton deserves it IMO. He was more consistent in finsihing more races and finishing in the points. I think his only DNF this season was Canada where he rammed Raikkonen from behind in the pit lane otherwise he finished every race (not necessary all in the points). Massa won 1 more race than Hamilton this year.
    I understand that there was a proposal from BE to change the rule for the WDC next year so that the champion will be determined by the number of 1st and then 2nd and then 3rd place finishes in the year, so that driver's will be fighting all the time for the podium positions, instead of fighting for the championship points (only)....

IMO, I think that there's some wisdom in this proposal, as LH was driving 'merrily' in 4th or 5th place on his way to the championship, before the events in the last laps of the race..... There's a caveat though, especially if one team was dominant in the season, like Ferrari was, in 2004.

6909:seehearspeak:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok din naman yung points system because it rewards people who finish races and punishes people who don't finish races.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I understand that there was a proposal from BE to change the rule for the WDC next year so that the champion will be determined by the number of 1st and then 2nd and then 3rd place finishes in the year, so that driver's will be fighting all the time for the podium positions, instead of fighting for the championship points (only)....

IMO, I think that there's some wisdom in this proposal, as LH was driving 'merrily' in 4th or 5th place on his way to the championship, before the events in the last laps of the race..... There's a caveat though, especially if one team was dominant in the season, like Ferrari was, in 2004.

6909:seehearspeak:
    I prefer din na 2 or 3 teams ang dominant instead na 1 lang. Kinda boring kung 1 team lang ang dominant.

Onwards to 2009 season :D. Tagal pa

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Yep moving on to 2009 and FM as Ferrari's main gun. Yey!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I still can't believe that people don't understand what a big difference slicks are on a wet track.

Trulli and Glock were both on slicks, and were gambling on a long stop strategy... doing nearly half of the race on their last stint... on slicks. This strategy put them ahead of the three stoppers like Hamilton and Vettel... but it backfired when the rain came down. All of the other front-runners came in for intermediate tires (Massa, Alonso, Raikonnen, Hamilton, Vettel...) while Glock and Trulli stayed out on slicks. Backfired. On the last few laps, they were losing ground to the guys around them (if you were watching the live timing, you'd know this...) and Glock was literally driving on ice as his slicks had no grip in the rain, and no temperature... he and Jarno Trulli were lapping at over 1:40 at the end... almost twenty seconds slower than everyone else. They both lost places, but it was too late to bring them in for intermediates.

Congratulations to Lewis... unfortunately, McLaren's overly conservative fuel strategy, along with the low downforce configuration of the McLaren (to make up for lack of power... they were the only front-runners on their second race for the engine... everyone else was on the only race for their engine, which means power turned up to 11) almost lost it for him... but he managed to keep that squirrely, unwieldy car in one piece till the end of the race.

But the real stars of the weekend are Massa... perfect race... Alonso... stunning result and strategy... and Sebastian Vettel... one of the BEST drives of the year to get that Toro Rosso back up into 4th as the pitstop shuffle kept pushing him back out of contention. At one point, Vettel was riding up Massa's ass... amazing.

Massa is an absolutely amazing driver... full of personality and passion. Seeing him weep openly in the car as he brought it into the paddock says it all... he was crushed... but I'll grant him this... if he'd have won the championship, he'd have deserved it... but it was simply Lewis' time... this is the championship that was denied him last year, and if he'd have lost it, his chances of ever winning it would go down the tubes, his confidence shattered. But Lewis was the better driver... even if Massa is the nicer guy... while both of them had inconsistent seasons, when they were all on the ball, Lewis and Raikonnen were faster than Massa... Raikonnen even having to give way to him in one race too give him extra points.

That Lewis was driving this season with a huge money handicap against McLaren (amazing, then, that the McLarens weren't the ones breaking down all season)... with stewards penalizing him left and right for everything from locking his brakes (I'm still amazed by that stupid penalty) to picking his nose... the fact that he actually won is nothing short of mind-boggling.

Imagine what will happen next season? No money handicap for McLaren... Renault with a strong package and probably one of the best drivers out there in terms of car-development (Alonso)... Scuderia Toro Rosso... BMW Sauber going strong (as long as they can recover from having a bad end to the season)... Toyota finally showing some balls... Ferrari with a perfect team combining raw speed (Kimi) and subtlety (Massa)... and the new KERS system to add anoother layer of complexity to the racing... It'll be very, VERY exciting.
    Last edited by niky; November 4th, 2008 at 06:01 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ^Ah yes my conscience is telling me that I would love to see more of Alonso and LH drama next season. That would be fun! and oh ferrari... dump the jinx put FM in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Formula 1 grande premio do brasil 2008